Sign In to join the community | Help
Gift Ideas

Amaryllis

What a beautiful show!  

This Amarylis bulb was planted at the end of November, my granddaughter and I potted up the bulb nearly 8 weeks ago and it had a slow, slow start, it sat lifeless for weeks but, once the bulb woke up and the green stalks emerged from the giant bulb it seemed to grow inches a day. 

It really is a fantastic metamorphosis to witness, my granddaughter would monitor the progress with each visit. During the first several weeks she thought that the bulb was too sleepy to ever wake up, but once it started growing, she was amazed!  

I do not know which was more rewarding, watching the Amaryllis sprout and grow or seeing my granddaughters face each time she saw the growth and transformation the plant was taking, she is filled with wonder and true excitement! 

Growing indoor bulbs like Amaryllis and Paper-whites just brighten the long, dark days of Winter. Planting indoor bulbs is not just for the holidays, bulbs can be planted anytime that they are available.  

I totally recommend planting indoor bulbs, I also suggest giving indoor bulb kits to family and friends, also neighbors or anyone that is shut in for the colder months. There is a lot of joy packed into those dormant bulbs! 

Shop the online availability of indoor bulbs, order a few to plant and give away.... a bulb would make a great Valentine's Day gift, better yet plant a bulb with someone that you love and watch what happens! 

Maureen 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-01-23T15:54:55+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

Beautiful flower!! My new amaryllis bloomed right on time for Christmas.

It continued to bloom until it had developed SIX blooms!

Posted 2020-02-04T15:38:15+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+