Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

Answered

August- Interior Paint

Come learn all about interior painting every Saturday in August from 10-11a.m.  In this workshop you will learn the basic skills and techniques for painting interior walls and ceilings.

• Find out what steps are suggested for painting home interior ceilings and walls
  • Learn tips on preparing and masking rooms before painting
  • Learn to select the needed tools and supplies for prepping interior ceilings and walls

See video here: http://bcove.me/635ya0dm

Reply to this post if you have questions related to this workshop.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-21T21:03:04+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL Pat_HD_ATL

Hi Luzee-

It looks like this was a store specific event that held at the Acworth location.  I did call the store for you and was told that you can sign up for these events right at the paint desk.  You can get more information in the store on future event dates.  I hope this helps.

Tara

Community Moderator

Best Answer

Posted 2011-08-11T15:59:48+0000  by HomeDepotTara

Hi,

I am on my second coat of paint on my wonderful popcorn ceiling. It all started when I wanted to paint my bedroom.LOL

I got my walls ready to paint and that darn dirty looking ceiling stood out . I tried to wash  bad mistake.

I am new to painting. I did get the first coat on. I am having a hard time around the wall and ceiling. I did take a brush and painted about inch or so but you still see line. The ceiling really looks striker and I missed a lot. I have looked on line and you 100 different way's of paint it. Do I go back and fourth. I painted  the width of the room I going to paint the length for the second coat to see if can catch the parts I really missed.

Any hints would be great.  

Posted 2011-07-27T18:21:23+0000  by Catlover

Hey Catlover,

Popcorn is one of those surfaces that require more than one coat, but if you wet it too much it tends to fall off.

Since you've completed one coat, simply allow the surface to dry completely and go back over with a second coat.

Along the edges, I would cut-in with a four-inch roller and use a wide-edged mud trowel between the wall and ceiling. You'll have to wipe the blade off after almost every pass to prevent getting paint on the wall.

Since popcorn casts a shadow, you'll almost always have a slight gray look to the ceiling. I often recommend tinting your ceiling paint off-white to reduce the contrast and make it easier to cover.

I usually paint in sections, overlapping about a half-inch and trying to begin the next section before the paint dries in the previous section. This allows the paint to blend while the edges are still wet.

This is one of those jobs which simply require attention to detail.

Turn on a few extra lights in the room will also help you see where you've been.

See you in the Painting Class in August!

Posted 2011-07-28T19:04:51+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

I am trying to find out information on the August 16th Class at 7pm - for kitchen cabinets made out of white laminated waffer board - When will you have that available on-line to register?

Posted 2011-07-31T16:06:27+0000  by Luzee

Do I need to register for the free workshops? If so, how and where?

Posted 2011-08-02T02:35:08+0000  by aintmzbhavin

Hi aintmzbhavin-

Registration is not necessary at this time, you can just go to the store.  

Tara

Community Moderator

Posted 2011-08-02T18:56:58+0000  by HomeDepotTara

Luzee-

I am not aware of a customer workshop around kitchen cabinets on the date that you mentioned.  We do have a product demo around this time, but that is a learning demonstration for our associates.  Can you provide some more detail?  Where did you hear about this?

Tara

Community Moderator

Posted 2011-08-02T19:14:16+0000  by HomeDepotTara

My neighbor signed up for the class in the paint department over at the Acworth location on Cobb Parkway. She wanted me to sign up because we are both interested in learning the correct process to paint these type of cabinets.

However, I do not see it listed here on your website and was wondering if it is totally an in store registration only?

But she did mention it was Aug 16th or 17th and it was at 7pm - Can you please give me some more information on this class?  Or  should I just drive over to the store to sign up there?

Thanking you in advance for your help!

Lou

Posted 2011-08-06T16:09:35+0000  by Luzee

Good morning! I am new to this website and was happy to learn that you are offering this painting workshop this month. I have not been to previous gatherings; can I just show up this Saturday to my local store, or is it better to wait til the whole series is offered at another time? Thanks so mcuh!

Posted 2011-08-16T14:30:17+0000  by DMCTMC

Welcome DMCTMC!

I typically have walk-in participants in my classes.

Near the Store entrance, there is usually a board on which upcoming classes are posted.

You'll see the day, time, and topic.

These classes are taught by product experts from your Store and you are welcome to any and all classes that interest you.

Q & A sessions follow, so come prepared to ask for detailed assistance on your next project.

I commonly walk my customers around the Store after the class to ensure they locate all of the materials they need to complete their project.

Posted 2011-08-16T14:58:57+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+