Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Baseboards

I'm finishing a bathroom and want to put baseboards across the front of the tub...Obviously can't use nails...what can I use to make it stick?  Would silicone grout work, or do I have to use some other kind of adhesive?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-14T19:09:45+0000  by Ms-Shar Ms-Shar

I'd use PL Premium construction adhesive. 

You should understand that if at some future point you want to remove the moulding, it may not be possible to get the adhesive off the tub without damaging the tub.

I hope you're using solid wood or plastic moulding.  MDF swells with expose to water and wouldn't be the best choice for a bathroom, especially near the tub.

Posted 2013-07-14T19:24:48+0000  by Adam444

Thanks...I am using solid wood and since I've had the floor replaced I don't see trying to get any baseboard off any time soon!

Does this construction adhesive give a bit of "play time" or is it an instant bond?

Posted 2013-07-14T19:38:54+0000  by Ms-Shar

It has a pretty high intitial tack but like all construction adhesives, you'll have plenty of open time.  You will probably want to use some tape to hold the baseboard in place whill it adhesive sets up.

Posted 2013-07-14T21:42:03+0000  by Adam444

Thanks for the advise! 

I'm so looking forward to getting this room done and starting on the next one (yes...another bathroom that I want to do the same thing to!)

Thanks again!

Sharon

Posted 2013-07-14T21:59:15+0000  by Ms-Shar

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+