Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Behr Premium Deck Over

Would like some "reviews" on the Behr Premium Deck Over Product

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-14T12:46:46+0000  by momofeveryone momofeveryone

Hello MomOfEveryone!

This product is relatively new and I searched several sites to help answer your question.

On Behr.com, I found the following product review:

Overall Rating: 
Excellent
5 out of 5
Skill Level:Intermediate

great for exterior projects!
Date:May 10, 2013
Exterior Project: Outdoor Living
I purchased this for a deck job to redo my outdoor entertainment area. I've repainted the deck twice before (harsh outdoor climate) and by far this paint was the easiest to use. Quick and easy to apply and dry; two coats went on faster than one did the last time I did this project. Very happy with my purchase and would buy again. I don't think I'll need it again any time soon, though. Coat came out great.

As the spring advances, I'm certain more customers will use and report their results.

Right now, this is the only review I could find.
Posted 2013-05-14T14:27:30+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Hello, We are getting ready to use this on our deck. I will post back when we are completed. Could be a week due to rain coming in tomorrow and Sat in Northern IL. We need 72 hours of dry time in order to put this on. :)

Posted 2013-05-16T19:06:22+0000  by Cocobean26
I just applied this product to my deck. I was in the store deciding weather I wanted to go with Restore Deck coating or the Behr Deckover and went with Behr for a couple reasons. Deckover can be applied to vertical surfaces so the entire deck has a consistent texture and look. It's easy to apply and the finished product looks better than the samples of Restore. I am letting it cure now and should be able to enjoy it in a couple days. I went with Padre Brown color which looks amazing. Home Depot in my area sold this stuff quick so either the sales associates can sell sand to the desert or this product is that good!
Posted 2013-05-27T01:57:11+0000  by Nwest4

I think it would be fair to say, since this is a new product, that most are first time buyers. Only time will tell if this a truly great product or not. If it's still flying off the shelves 10 yrs from now, we will know it's good.

Posted 2013-05-27T16:17:17+0000  by garywbacon

Hi,

Can this product be used straight out of the container without tinting for a specific color?  I understand it is a greyish green base color.  This would be fine for what i'd like to use it for. Thx

Posted 2013-05-28T21:49:52+0000  by Sarjento

Hello Sarjento,

My general rule of thumb is:

If the product label has the word "Grey," then it is OK to use right out of the can.

If the product label has the word "Base" and/or does not have a color name (ex White, Grey, Slate Gray, Silver Gray) then it is a mixing base and is not suitable for application without tint.

This is generally true for all paint products.

Tinting bases are the binders that help create a "film" and hold the product onto the surface, but without tint they commonly appear see-through and are not suitable for standard application.

NOTE:

There are exceptions to every rule and I certainly help "Artists" who use non-traditional techniques. If you fit in this category, follow-up to let us know how the untinted product worked. Otherwise, I would tint before using.

Posted 2013-05-30T11:18:32+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

try Behr.com for reviews

Posted 2013-06-03T00:43:52+0000  by dom

I have not used this product myself but I searched for some online reviews of the product. And what I read I think it is a good product, and comparitively cheaper because of its new entry in the market. Over a period of time it would cost more.

Posted 2013-06-03T15:02:58+0000  by johnmclaren

I have just finished (well almost) my deck of about 15 years, which I last stained about 3 years ago. It was a mess. When I saw the Deckover ad I thought, why not. It goes on slow, I use a brush, not a roller. It does cover those splits you get in the wood, but time will tell after a long hot summer. Many colors to choose from. I have just gone with one coat, which seems to do the trick.

My question to HD assistant, should a sealer be used? Seems like I saw in some research the recommendation for a low luster sealer.  Thoughts?

I will keep a post of our experience through the summer, but I would stay "go for it" unless you are a "stain person".

swslou

Posted 2013-06-06T15:33:22+0000  by swslou

I just purchased 25 gallons of Deck Over to finish my deck. I used the deck wash first and let it dry for several days and then painted it. After about 6 hours I applied a second coat. 2 days later it rained and now I have bubbles all over my deck. What now?

Posted 2013-06-08T15:40:04+0000  by jtsgl94
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+