Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Beware of Home Depot - Delivery Drivers delivered and reloaded purchased items.

I ordered a $2000 stove and it was supposed to be delivered on the front porch.

Home Depot delivery people unloaded the stove took a picture and reloaded. Local police officer agrees Home Depot says they have proof of delivery by picture. 

What do I do? I paid a ton of money for the stove and I was at home when they delivered. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-05-16T20:26:00+0000  by dtnomad dtnomad

Hi dtnomad,

This is highly unusual situation, was this item ordered in store or on line? Was this a clearance Item? Please contact the Store Manager at the Home Depot where you purchased the item. He or She will look into the situation.

Mike
Posted 2019-05-17T00:47:06+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
I did. I spoke to three managers at the location where the package was purchased and they all said this was the first time this has ever happened but nothing could be done. 
Posted 2019-05-21T10:06:44+0000  by dtnomad
I did. I spoke to three managers at the location where the package was purchased and they all said this was the first time this has ever happened but nothing could be done. 
Posted 2019-05-21T10:06:45+0000  by dtnomad
Hi dtnomad,

I have one question, if you were at home at the time, why didn't you step outside and acknowledge delivery, the agent normally requires a signature for such items. If no one is at home or answers the door they are instructed to take the item back as opposed to leaving it unattended. If delivery is not completed our delivery agent is instructed to return the item to the store. The picture is to verify the delivery was attempted but not completed as no signature was obtained.

Your next step is to contact our Customer Care Department @1-800-466-3337, have all of your paperwork handy and a customer care agent will take your information and look into the matter.

Mike
Posted 2019-05-23T20:14:33+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+