Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Answered

Blinds

i just bought a new house and am slowly working on fixing it up.  im lookin to have some blinds installed or possibly hang them myself.  not to sure how i am suppost to measure the windows to get the exact size

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-02-17T18:28:37+0000  by bountyhtr bountyhtr

Hey bountyhtr,

Cool name and great question!

Blinds are my favorite part of our stores and my favorite thing to help redo in the house, so you've come to the right place. :)

Have you thought up some ideas for what type of blinds you're looking at going with? Some things to keep in mind are:

• Architecture of the house (don't mismatch modern aluminums in a Victorian style house)
  • Neighborhood Trends
  • Sale Friendly (make it not only appealing to you, but also perspective house hunters if you are looking to flip in the near future)
  • Safety
  • Ease of cleaning

As far as measuring the windows out, it's a pretty simple ordeal as long as you have the right tools. Make sure you do all your measurements with a metal tape measure. Don't skimp on it by using string or roll-tape, they don't provide accurate measurements. Also make sure you've got pen and paper handy to write everything down too.

Let me link you over to another write up I did on measuring, which also includes a quick video of yours truly showing you some quick tips.

Check it out here, Quick Measuring Tips for Blinds.

Also keep in mind that we do offer professional measure and install services too, so give that some thought as well. Check our installation page for current pricing or promotions and stop by your local store.

Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions, or to update us on the project! We love seeing pictures of renovations here~ :)

Best Answer

Posted 2011-02-17T19:05:27+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

thanks for the info.  im gonna attempt to do it my self and if that doesnt work its good to know you have people to install them.

Posted 2011-02-18T14:03:27+0000  by bountyhtr

I have a window that is 72 INCHES

' long  and 2 ft tall    HELP

Posted 2013-01-26T23:29:16+0000  by photomaker2010

Hey there photomaker2010,

Thanks for joining our community!~

What kind of questions can I help answer for your window?

Posted 2013-01-31T18:01:12+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI
Since you originally asked, bountyhtr, The Home Decorator Collection has been introduced.

This design system coordinates paint color with blinds, curtain rods, lighting and much more.

In that thread we discuss this user-friendly system and include a "How To" video.

Click the link to view the thread:

How To Design Your Perfect Room
Posted 2015-12-10T15:49:24+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+