Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Build your own Fire Pit

If you are looking for

• a showpiece for the backyard
  • a bold  addition to your entertainment area
  • a simple project that you can build yourself in about a half a day
  • a space that will bring enjoyment for years to come

then check out the Pavestone Rumbled Wall Fire Pit Kit!

FirePit_square_01.jpg

Available as a Special Order through most Home Depot stores, this 24-inch square model fire pit kit includes everything you need to create a bold addition to your outdoor entertainment area.  The kit includes a 24" square insert with removable grate, 32 pieces of Rumbled™ Wall rectangle stone, and seven (7) bags of paver sand.

Finished dimensions are 40" outside diameter and 16" in height.

Be sure to follow all manufacturer instructions for fire pit kit placement and installation.  Use proper safety equipment, including protective eyewear and gloves.  Because of the weight, use proper lifting techniques when working with the rumble wall stone. 

Now for the fun part!  Installation is simple:

step 1.png

Prepare your surface by leveling the bare ground and using a tamper to compact the earth.  Carefully level the first layer (foundation).

step 2.png     step 3.png  

Construction adhesive will keep the stone in place for each additional layer.  It is like building a puzzle to get to the top layer.

step 4.png

Add the insert and grate.

step 5.png

Finish adding sand.

Your showpiece is now ready to enjoy!

dw100.png

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-07T18:58:57+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL Eileen_HD_ATL

What color can you get the square pit   in Cleburne, Texas

Posted 2011-09-28T00:43:14+0000  by knox199

Hello knox199 and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

I confirmed with Pavestone that they do have they kits available through the Special Order program at your local store.  Currently the only kit available is the square pit in “Limestone” (grayish) rumbled wall.  The Home Depot garden associates or Special Service desk associates can help with your order. 

Best wishes on your project and thank you for joining the discussions. 

dw26.png

Posted 2011-09-30T14:14:45+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
whats the SKU# for the kit
Posted 2012-06-17T18:04:13+0000  by donrod62

Hello donrod62 and thank you for joining the Community.  We are glad that you are here.

The kit shown above is the 24” Rumble Wall Fire Pit Kit that is available as a special order through your local Home Depot store (ask at the Service Desk, Pro Desk, or Garden Center).  The color is Earth Blend (Part # 49421) from Pavestone.  My local SKU is 707-249; this may vary depending upon your part of the country so check at the local store for the most current and correct information.

Fire PIt Kit Both.jpg

Pavestone has also introduced the RumbleStone Outdoor Building Blocks (shown here).  You can special order the metal insert and grate at your local Home Depot.  There are various colors of stone available depending upon your part of the country.  Check out the complete listing of RumbleStone How-To Projects to create a matching bench, wall, mailbox, planter, and tree ring.

Best wishes on your project and happy grilling!

dw6.png

Posted 2012-06-19T14:01:19+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

I do not see instructions on any of these fire pits.   What I am looking for is how to assemble a particular design once you have the stones....ie...how are the stones placed next to each other, how many on each edge of the square, which ones go on the next layer etc.    I may be able to figure it out looking at the pictures but I think that could go wrong easily....help please?

thank you

Posted 2012-09-01T17:56:23+0000  by jerryi9

Hello jerryi9 and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are  here.

The RumbleStone Video has a brief segment showing the fire pit being built.  There are 2 round and 6 square RumbleStone fire pit how-to guides available for your review.  The Project Building Instructions provide a Materials List and installation photos. 

The Fire Pit Kit shown at the top of this post is a Special Order through your local Home Depot Store.  There are also fire pit kits available on www.homedepot.com (scroll to the bottom of the product page under the “MORE INFO” tab to review instructions for those kits).

Best wishes with your project and please keep us posted on your progress.

DW6.PNG

Posted 2012-09-04T14:19:53+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

trying to locate plans for differnt sizes (round) minimum 36" diameter inside) of rumble stone fire pit kits

My local HD does not carry rumble stone.

I noticed you mention that there are plans for different pits on the website but could not find it. I did follow your link.

Thanks for your response

Posted 2012-10-14T15:47:12+0000  by rolfe99

Hello rolfe99 and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

You mentioned that your local Home Depot store does not carry RumbleStone.  You may want to contact your local Garden or Pro Desk Associate to see if the product can be special ordered in your area. 

In the meantime, here are two (2) styles of round fire pits that are 45” wide (diameter).  The links will display the instruction sheets showing the construction of the layers and include the number and sizes of stones required for each pit.  Be sure that the fire pit location is stabile, level, and away from any flammable objects as well as children’s areas and utility lines (above and below ground).  Use a sand / gravel base under the pit and apply landscape construction adhesive between the layers for stability. 

Round Fire Pit 1.jpg      Round Fire Pit #1

Round Fire Pit 2.jpg          Round Fire Pit #2

Best wishes on your project.

DW Logo Decorator.png

Posted 2012-10-19T14:29:21+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Is there a way to see sample of the colors... Local Home Depot only has Cafe in the store... however catalog provided at the store mentions Sierra Blend & Grey Stone..... I would like to see these somehow but have been unable to see colors on either pavestone's site or home depot's site.

I understand area can cause variance in color but I am just trying to get a general idea of coloring.

Posted 2012-10-27T19:40:39+0000  by tindivall

Hello tindivall and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

I spoke to the folks at Pavestone who told me that the Café color is the only one being produced at this time.  The Sierra Blend and Grey Stone Rumblestone should be available in the future.  Since there may be regional variations in the stone, you may want to contact your local Pavestone office found on the back page of The Home Depot Pavestone Catalog

Best wishes with your project. 

DW Logo Decorator.png

Posted 2012-11-02T13:27:12+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+