Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

CASHIERS BYPASSING EMAIL RECEIPTS

I've been through this same problem multiple times at the Home Depot in Washington PA and it's obviously happening at other stores as well. Some of the employees continue to bypass the prompt for receiving a receipt by email. You can tell when it happens because the green box on the display blinks on/off in a split second.

This has been going on for years, yet Home Depot has done nothing to resolve it except to put the responsibility on the customer to tell the cashier you want a receipt ahead of time. Not everyone goes to Home Depot on a daily basis, and there isn't any other store that has this problem. There is simply NO EXCUSE for this when it takes 2 seconds to check the box. If any CASHIERS don't have the patience, then they should be asking each customer since it would be a regular part of their routine.

My latest experience was a few days ago when I had a large number of heavy lumber items and some girl bypassed the prompt. I've complained to the manager multiple times in the past, yet this girl cancelled the prompt without blinking an eye.

This time I told her I wanted a receipt, but it turns out they can't bring the prompt back so I made her clear the purchase and rescan the entire order again. She was pissed and I didn't care... do your job and especially don't do anything that will upset a customer.

HOME DEPOT! IF YOU WANT A REAL SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM... automatically send an email receipt when anyone in your system with an email address makes a purchase. I would think most, if not all, would want them. Otherwise it's one click for them to delete the message.

It's Home Depot's responsibility to do the right thing and MAKE SURE YOUR EMPLOYEES do the same. In the meantime, I will NOT be returning to Home Depot until the issue is involved. You have my email address, when you fix the problem, send me an email and I'll come back.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-11-25T20:26:59+0000  by 65Cobra 65Cobra

Hi 65Cobra - We've submitted your question to customer care.
Posted 2017-11-28T20:50:19+0000  by Liana_HD_ATL
Hi 65Cobra,

The solution is simple, sign up for a pro extra account, its free and you will have automatic tracking of all of your purchases, without any email prompt. 

Just click on the link below for more information.

Mike

Posted 2017-11-30T20:28:21+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
First of all the solution is NOT as simple as you claim since it will only create other inconveniences by signing up for some account I don't want, need or even technically qualify for. And anyone who follows that advice is a fool. When is Home Depot going to actually FIX the problem, and not attempt to circumvent an issue that has to do with the tactics of your employees and the lack of managements abilities. If Home Depot doesn't have the ability or courage to stop their employees from playing this game, then fix the problem at the source. My original post even includes a solution. If that's too much for the programmers to handle then remove the ability for the cashier to bypass the prompt.

Home Depot is not the only store in town. And in todays world of online purchases, that's a dangerous game to play. After using Amazon for YEARS with only one issue... which was resolved immediately... you're playing a dangerous game. So don't bother me with side quests or band aids. When it's "fixed" then I'll consider returning. Otherwise, I'm not the one that's going to lose.

Posted 2017-12-05T17:52:57+0000  by 65Cobra

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+