Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Can HD mix paint to industry standard color values?

I saw in another question that Home Depot can't mix paint to Pantone color numbers. What about other industry standard color numbers like RGB, HEX, CMYK, etc? Is the only way you can make a color that isn't on one of your chips, by scanning something physical?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-10-22T16:02:19+0000  by HurricaneDitka HurricaneDitka

Greetings HurricaneDitka,

yes, Home Depot can match any physical color if you bring a swatch or a tiny sample of the color that you wish to have mixed.

Some common paint colors like a BM Navajo White will come up in our system, by researching the name to come up with our own formula but it will be the same color.

If you only have a formula and no name or color swatch we cannot mix the exact color, but even a sample color less than an inch by inch can be duplicated.

The paint desk associates are very knowledgeable and helpful and will do there best to help with all your color questions.

Maureen

Posted 2019-10-22T18:01:13+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
Hello HurricaneDitka.

While I could not find any way to convert industry standards to Behr colors on their own site, there are ways to get fairly close.

Check out this site: Easy RGB

This site allows you to input values in a wide variety of formats and then outputs colors by brand with similar attributes.  You don't get an exact match, but you will get the exact values for the color match approximation that you can compare with your input (desired) values.  The input can be in a various formats which include not only RGB, but CMY, CMYK, XYZ, CIE and HTML.

Chris.

Posted 2019-10-25T15:47:09+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Thank you for writing! It is very easy to understand and detail. I find it interesting, I hope you continue to have such good posts.

Posted 2019-11-05T03:48:11+0000  by minion89

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+