Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Seasonal & Holiday

Christmas Lights: Traditional Incandescent or LEDs

Howdy Holiday goers,

Many people want to know why they should use LED instead of their tried and true incandescent Christmas lights. So let’s cover the various reasons they make sense to upgrade.

Visual Appeal- Incandescent lights are known for their warm light, which looks particularly good against skin tones. Until recently LED had a blue-looking light that did not compliment skin at all. However, now there is “Warm White” lights that give nice warm yellow hues that rival incandescent. In regards to lights with different colors, the LED’s are brighter and come in more colors.

Power Saving- If you consider the fact that LED’s use 80-90% less electricity than traditional incandescent bulbs, it’s a no-brainer for saving $.

Long Lasting- LED’s can last up to 100,000 hours, versus 3,000 hours for an incandescent.

Durability- How many bulbs have been broken when putting up or taking down bulbs? I don’t know about you but I’ve never broken an LED. Their durable construction makes them worth the price alone.

Safety- If your tree is getting dried out because you bought it very early and forgot to water, it can become a safety concern. With LED’s there is less heat means less chance of a fire occurring on your tree or to your home.

Length- Because of their lower power consumption, most people can plug all their lights in just 1 outlet. With incandescent, it would take 6 outlets on average.

Cost- So it seems that it is a hands down LED over Incandescent, however, the price is usually lower to purchase the incandescent lights and you may be only using one string. If this is the case, then enjoy the lights that you know so well.

If you’re looking to save money and time of re-purchasing Christmas lights, I think we all can agree that sometimes we can have our cake and eat it too.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas,

Coach Dave

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-12-03T22:39:54+0000  by Dave_HD_OC Dave_HD_OC

Topic
Categories+