Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Cleaning Marble Shower

We recently bought a house with a marble shower and I am trying to figure out the best way to clean it.  All the cleaners I've seen say to not use on marble so I'm at a loss as to what to use....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-05T21:09:24+0000  by LaurenMM LaurenMM

Welcome to our community LaurenMM!

My name is Christine and I'm an associate at The Home Depot in Atlanta. 

We sell a few products that are specifically for marble and other natural stones. Here are a few options for you:

ZepCleaner.jpg

This is the Zep Marble, Granite and Quartz cleaner. Click for more information on this product. This product will clean and polish your granite. Check your local store for availability.

resealer.jpg 

This product by Custom Building Products will clean and reseal your marble. If your marble needs to be resealed, this product will be the way to go. Click here for more information on this product. Again, check your local store for availability. 

I hope this helped you out!

Let us know if you have anymore questions, 

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-07-06T15:31:28+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

The Products listed ChristineClaret would work.

Other options should you still need choices are offered by companies like stone tech and nu-stone.

StoneTech Stone Tile Cleaner

StoneTech KlenzAll Stone, Tile and Grout Cleaner

Nu-Stone Stone Cleaner

These are just other options. - Thanks

Posted 2011-09-08T18:38:10+0000  by GraniteCityTool

Cleaning marble tile is very easy when you have the right tools! To get your marble looking brand new, clean and shiny you will need a variable speed wet grinder and a set of sponge fiber pads. Sponge fiber pads come in sets of 6 with different grits starting at 300 grit and going up to 10000 grit. Simply start with the lower grits first (300) and go up through the grits. The lower grits will clean and remove all the mildew and the higher grits will polish the marble. Attached is a link that shows what the grinder looks like http://www.rotoblast.com/stonepolisher_s/21.htm

After the marble is polished it is always good to pick up some sealer. 

Posted 2012-11-22T19:30:35+0000  by Rotoblast

Marble flooring enhances the beauty of your kitchen, bathrooms. Never use any acidic item like lemon to clean marble. Use sponge and warm water to clean spots. Wipe your bathroom in a clear towel after each bath.

Posted 2013-01-10T14:51:35+0000  by belmanliving

Note to Self:  don't use marble in house! Use a wet grinder to polish marble tile? Ja, got to get my wife a new wet grinder for her birthday! :)

Posted 2013-01-12T04:39:01+0000  by ordjen

Every little drop leaves a mark on the marble floor. Don't use any other cleaners like brush etc. except ones that are specifically made for marble, as it's highly likely to ruin the surface.

Posted 2013-01-17T15:30:36+0000  by belmanliving

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+