Sign In to join the community | Help
Gift Ideas

Cutting special orders?

I ordered some composite decking to be delivered to the store. I assumed they could do some rough cuts in store so I can fit the pieces into my minivan to take home but was told they do not cut special orders, only raw lumber. I couldn't quite understand why. Can anyone explain?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-10-07T15:21:41+0000  by epkim epkim

Good afternoon epkim,

Thanks for joining us here on the community.

As long as the radial arm saw is in good working order, you should be able to have the composite deck boards cut. I'm assuming the associate didn't want to cut it since it is a special order, and he/she would or could be held liable or get into hot water if the cut wasn't accurate.

Also, depending on the type of composite it is, they may not be able to cut the boards without it damaging or at the least, gunking up the blade on the saw. That to me, would be the reason even I would be hesitant to cut it. 

If you state your case with the manager on duty, that you only want basic cuts on the boards, then there should be no problem. It's one of those grey areas where you simply have to ask another sales associate or manager to get the cuts done. If any associate feels like the cut would damage the blade/saw, material, or themselves, they can refuse to cut it. So be mindful of that. 

But remember that these are rough cuts as you wanted; for easier transport in your vehicle and nothing exact (or within a 1/2" or so). Explain your situation to the manager or another associate at that store for a solution.

Joseph

Posted 2020-10-07T19:50:58+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Unless it’s just few boards, for, say, a repair I wouldn’t chop them up just get them home. I’d pay the delivery fee rather than look at extra joints in my deck for the next decade or two.
Posted 2020-10-07T20:39:36+0000  by Adam444
Thank you! That is helpful information!
Posted 2020-10-08T02:42:04+0000  by epkim
I’m a little confused. Is the white baseboard with the 45 on the miter saw sitting on top of the screen molding?   Kroger Schedule
Posted 2020-10-17T06:05:51+0000  by Roselyn
Thanks for the information FaceTime on PC
Posted 2020-10-17T10:31:55+0000  by Stephens54

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+