Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Indoor Decor

DIY Standing Desk

I have an existing desk that I can't replace because it was custom built for a unique space in my office. I'd like to build something that sits on top of the desk that will elevate my monitor and keyboard so that I can optionally stand while working on the computer. What I don't know is how to make it optional -- make a stand that I remove from the desk or is there another whizbang idea out there?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-03-12T19:45:42+0000  by Spilly Spilly

Hey Spilly,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

This is one of those situations where you can custom build something various ways using different materials. 

With that said, to help yourself out, I would start with a careful measurement of the desk as well as the area you'd like the monitor to be elevated. 

Since we can't go off an image you didn't or couldn't upload, you can still measure the area and upload a pic for us to see to assist you further. 

As for the build itself, you can use materials like 2" x 2" wood sticks and plywood as a flat base. Or you can opt for metal if you are more of a DIYer and familiar with working with it. The choices are abundant, and entirely up to you to what you'd like to construct. 

Let us know what ideas you have in mind, and we can go further with helping your build.

Joseph

Posted 2019-03-13T14:24:00+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+