Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Dad's Top Ten Tools

Hey all,

This post is just for fun; since Father's Day is coming up, I decided to do an impromptu interview with my Dad, a former cabinet maker and current wood carver. As I'm sure everyone's Dad is as well, mine is pretty amazing. He teaches me a lot about projects around the house, inside and out. This started before I ever put on an orange apron. He's done things as diverse as making a complete 3 story dollhouse for his granddaughter to installing a bath fan in the bathroom where there wasn't one before.

So, I spoke with him about his favorite tools.....handheld, power, and he came up with a list of the items he just can't do without in his wood shop.....enjoy! If you have a story about Father's Day be sure to post it here on the community!

Dad's top 10.JPG

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-04T17:56:51+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL Joseph_HD_ATL

Wow I love all of your Dad's tools. They don't make them like they used to.

Ok lets see what tools I used with my Dad as I was growing up. My Dad is a Forklift Mechanic so we were always out working on the cars so I got very educated in mechanic tools such as combination wrenches, ratchets, sockets, torque wrenches, screwdrivers, breaker bar, and anything else that could bust your knuckle when it slipped off the bolt. Yes we kept a first aide kit in the tool box.  :smileywink:

wrenches.jpgratchet.jpgsockets.jpgtorque wrench.jpgscrewdrivers.jpgbreaker bar.jpg

Oh and a hole lot of grease. He showed me the true meaning of how to be a grease monkey. :smileyindifferent:

I am so very thankful for all of those hours that I spent under the hood with my Dad. It not only gave me the great memories of time spent with my Dad but it has saved me ALOT of money since I can do most of the repairs to me car myself.

I have always been Daddy's little girl so I have many memories of time spent with my Dad but I have to say the knowledge that he's given me on how to do things will live on forever. How-to knowledge is passed on from generation to generation so it never dies. Memories will die if not written down for others to read. 

So remember to pass on your How-to knowledge to your children or just share it with all of us here on the community so we can pass it on to someone else. Knowledge with live for ever if you just share it with someone else. :smileywink:

It also makes me think about what my top 10 tools are in my shop.

My top 10 would only change a little from your Dad's. I would only change:

porter-cable router.jpg

#4 to a router,

chisel set.jpg

#2 to a set of chisels,

paslode Finish nailer.jpg

and #1 to a Paslode Nailer.

Thank you so much for making me think about all of those great times with my Dad. I really hope that this post will bring as much joy to others as it has me.

Let here some of your great memories.. 

Happy Fathers Day to all of you Dad's out there..

Posted 2011-06-10T18:03:44+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

That's Really Cool Man!

Posted 2011-09-29T11:43:07+0000  by maryan1313

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+