Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Dancing Peacock Japanese Maple

The Last Hurrah

The 2019 gardening season is winding down at the West Roxbury, Ma. Home Depot. Thousands and thousands of annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees vegetables and herbs have crossed the gates of the outside garden department and have now made their home in gardens and landscapes all over the city of Boston and surrounding towns.

The selection of plants this season was superb it seems like only yesterday that the springtime pansies were rolling in, but alas it is over!

The 50 percent off sale on trees, shrubs and perennials brought a flurry of activity the customers were so grateful to buy such great quality plants at discount prices.

This year The West Roxbury Home Depot was a trial store, to see if customers were accepting and if there would be an interested in the purchase of mature Japanese maple trees, the answer is yes!

The garden department hosted so many incredibly beautiful specimen of Japanese maple trees, the customers loved them; even if they could not buy the trees or they didn’t have enough space to plant them just being able to see such amazing trees was such a treat.

I had my favorite tree, actually it is my most favorite tree of all my years at the Home Depot, it is called a Japanese maple “Dancing Peacock”, this is a very special tree!

This tree did not sell right away, its leaves were a deep burgundy,  so it spent several month with us, the tree was loved, pampered and adored by all who worked in the garden department, and the many customers that said "I wish I could fit that at my house”.

Saturday the Dancing Peacock sold, I was happy and sad all at the same time, but overall it is going to be planted and loved in a landscape in a town nearby, what a fortunate tree owner!

The Autumn display that the Peacock tree was beginning to project was stunning and I am sure that once it gets its roots into the soil the Peacock will put on a display like no other tree in area.

Image result for japanese maple peacock

It is hard to say good bye to such a great season, but if this year was so great I can truly only imagine what next year will bring!

Maureen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-10-31T18:29:54+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

Topic
Categories+