Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Defiant Daylight Adjusting Digital Timer Model 469637 - Cannot Get It Out Of Hour Flashing Mode

I have the Defiant Daylight Adjusting Digital Timer Model 469637.  It has been working fine for four years.  When I tried to change the time because of Daylight Saving Time, it will not go into CAL mode after I push the Reset button and then the Setup button.

It just flashes the hour which gradually increases with time.  However, I cannot get it out of this flashing mode.  I have even disconnected the Hot (Black) wire to blank out the display.  It went blank but when I reconnected the black wire, it came back to where it was in flashing mode.  It must have a battery backup.

How do I reset it completely?  If I push and hold the Reset button it only stays that way for a few seconds and then reverts to flashing the hour.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-03-11T06:16:04+0000  by Redbird13 Redbird13

Hello Redbird13 and welcome to The Community. We are glad that you are here.

I spoke to Defiant Technical Support to help stop the flashing.  A common issue occurs when one of the buttons is slightly recessed or in an offset position.  Touch all buttons to ensure that they are in their original positions (“fully out”).  Hit RESET and the 12:00 should begin to flash.  Press SETUP and proceed as usual.  If removing any recess on the buttons does not solve the flashing, please contact Defiant Technical Support at 1-866-308-3976 and provide Item #469-637 and Model #49814 for additional service. 

Best wishes on your project. 

Posted 2018-03-12T15:43:34+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+