Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Dishwasher delivery and Install

I ordered a dishwasher a couple days ago and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow; however, I am seriously considering cancelling the order. After receiving the call today about the delivery I became concerned that the installation that I really needed since my husband is out of town, wasn't going to happen. I called customer service and found out that installation is not offered in this area. I searched everywhere on the website to make sure that this was an option and when I could not find anything concrete saying that it was not offered, I, like an idiot, assumed that it was and proceeded to order the installation kit because that was all that I saw that was required. The phone call to customer service confirmed my fear that the dishwasher would not be installed and to say that I am upset would be an understatement. Had the website been CLEAR that this was not an option, I would have researched other options regarding this purchase. Now I am stuck. Do I cancel the MUCH NEEDED DISHWASHER? Do I attempt to install myself? Do I look for a plumber who may charge me a small fortune to install? I was so livid when speaking with customer service that I had to get off the call before I said some things that were not pleasant. I have always hated the fact that I had to make the majority of my purchases from Lowes and was excited to make this purchase from HD, but my first experience is already shaping up to be a bad one. I HIGHLY recommend that whomever is responsible for the information on your website include whether or not installation is available in an area. 

At this point I am not sure what direction to do. When I am able to speak to my husband I will update him on the events that have occurred today and will then make a decision on whether or not to cancel this order and possibly my credit card account as well. 

Sincerely, 

An Upset New Customer 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-07-29T18:22:41+0000  by JessicaBurke JessicaBurke

Hi Jessica,

The online pages are national and cannot offer specifics of a particular area. Different cities have different requirements and the answer you received from your phone inquiry is correct. Local regulations sometimes require a licensed plumber perform the install, our delivery and installation people do not have a plumbers license. There are over 19,000 incorporated cites in the US, each has their own rules on plumbing and appliance installations. It would be impossible to list all of the different cities requirements on the web site.

You may cancel at any time prior to delivery or on delivery day, just refuse delivery, with not cost to you. Your entire purchase price will be refunded. If in doubt cancel or refuse delivery as appliances are not returnable after delivery. Local regulations prevent us from installing your dishwasher, you will have to talk to your local officials as to why this is the case.

Mike

Posted 2020-07-30T19:10:20+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+