Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Outdoor Living

Enclosed Patio

I currently have a back porch with a porch above it for my second floor. What I am trying to do is enclose the lower part. It has a light and measures 10.5' x 12'. I am thinking of trying to go full removable glass/screen panels if possible, to replace them in winter/spring. Do I need a permit? Is there anywhere I can find these glass/screen panels? The height is currently about 100" at the highest point and 92" at the lowest point.

Thank you in Advance,

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-14T16:58:56+0000  by Zues Zues
Permitting is something you'll have to ask your local building code department. 

As for the actual panels, I'd start with local glass shops and online.  Remember that dimensionally large items can get expensive to ship so make sure getting a shipping quote too.  I would definitely suggest seeing what's available in panels before you do anything else.  If you can use standard sizes for the panels and adjust the framing, it may be considerably cheaper than all custom sizes.

Posted 2015-04-15T13:44:07+0000  by Adam444
Hi Zues,

If you open, you'll find an intuitive site that allows you to describe and then ask for quotes on your project.

The responding contractors have been vetted by The Home Depot and your can read reviews from their customers.

They will be from your local area and should be able to answer your question about permits for your job.

Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Posted 2015-08-20T18:30:50+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question