Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Fast and Secure Door Safety

I recently had the opportunity to speak at my city’s Neighborhood Watch symposium.  It was an honor to discuss the latest and greatest technologies available in safety and security products.  However, I have to admit: my favorite security device is definitely “old school.”  No fancy bells or whistles – just great security and peace of mind from the Master Lock Adjustable Steel Door Security Bar.   

Made from rugged 20 gauge steel construction, the Master Lock 265D Security Door Bar resists forced entry through doors and sliding patio doors. The bar is 29 inches in long when stored; it adjusts from 27.5 to 42 inches to meet your specific requirements. 

The security bar is 1.5 inches in diameter and has a 3.75-inch pivoting ball with padded foot to provide a secure grip with the floor. It is easy to handle and maneuver into position.

Once positioned, the security bar only needs a modest pull on the lower portion of the bar to release it from the door. 

The doorknob adapter has a non-marring yoke and can be used with knob set and lever set door locks to fit most standard doors.  The pin releases the doorknob adapter so the security bar can be used for sliding patio doors.

The bar is suitable for use in commercial or residential environments and comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty for years of service.

From my personal experience, the security bar has a heavy-duty “feel” in my hands and is easy to install.  When properly positioned, the door will not open.  I have a friend who had a seldom-used garage door that was located on the backside of her house.  Even though there was a motion sensor light over that part of her home, she was concerned about unauthorized entry.  I recommended this security bar for her to use to give her peace of mind. 

(PS – my friend recently purchased a new house – and her security bar was in the first box when she moved into her new home!)

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-01-29T14:26:33+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL Eileen_HD_ATL

Topic
Categories+