Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Find remote for an HamptonBay ceiling fan

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan.  We don't have the remote.  Fan is working with wall switch, but the lights are not working.  I replaced all lights with new lights, but still no luck.  I am guessing they can be turned ON only with a remote.  Hence looking for help.

Model : AC-552RM44A-1 (SKU#729-403) "YL"
UPC#718212240038
Vendor : 445993
Date : 11 04

SN : 000976.

Request your help with making the lights work.  Either by using a remote or any other way.

Thanks,
Shanmukh.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-11-30T15:24:34+0000  by Shanmukh Shanmukh

Hello Shanmukh, and welcome to the Community!

Did the lights work before but they don't now? Some troubleshooting needs to be done first, and what I mean by that is, have you checked the wiring above the motor? If not, then you might want to remove the fan from the mount and check to see if the wiring and come loose due to vibration. If you are not comfortable with wiring, then I suggest you contact a licenced Electrician to do the troubleshooting for you. You can check your local Home Depot, they might be able to have an Electrician call you to discuss your options. 

Make sure if you open anything up, please make sure to turn off the electrical to the fan at the fuse box before doing any work. 

You can call Hampton Bay Customer Service at the number below if you have additional questions. 

Posted 2019-12-05T13:44:12+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+