Sign In to join the community | Help
Gift Ideas


Fixing leaky sink

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-30T00:20:08+0000  by manny060 manny060

thank you so much..ill try this

Best Answer

Posted 2013-12-30T04:11:20+0000  by manny060

How you fix it depends on the kind of faucet you have.  Is this a single handle or two handles.  Any idea how old it is?  Could you take a picture of post it here?

Posted 2013-12-30T00:24:58+0000  by Adam444

its two handles . age of the faucet is unknown im going to take a pic of it now

Posted 2013-12-30T00:33:10+0000  by manny060

If there's a brand name anywhere or you can get a picture of a logo, that would be helpful too.

Posted 2013-12-30T00:37:10+0000  by Adam444

unfortunately there is no name of the faucet i checked evrywhere . looks similar to the Home depot American Standard bathroom faucet. i have the picture how do i get it to u?

Posted 2013-12-30T00:41:03+0000  by manny060

bathroom faucet.jpg

Posted 2013-12-30T00:48:32+0000  by manny060


Remove the trim cap (blue arrow) with a small screwdriver or knife blade.  Under it is a screw.  Remove the screw.  The handle should pull straight up.


Unscrew the cover for the valve body (red arrow) and remove.


Inside the valve body will be a cartridge.  It's probably held in place with some kind of clip.  Remove the clip and pull out the cartridge.  Take it to Home Depot where a plumbing associate can help you find a replacement.


You might find the manufacturer's name on the aerator (green arrow).  Flash light and/or magnifying glass may help.  Most if the major manufacturers are pretty good about providing free replacement parts if you're willing to wait.



Posted 2013-12-30T01:49:27+0000  by Adam444
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question