Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Flatscreen tv wall mount

What mounting hardware works best for a full motion mount on drywall?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-02-16T17:34:11+0000  by Wayneh143 Wayneh143

Hi Wayneh143,

Thanks for your question and for joining here on the community.

When you purchase (at least from us) a TV mount, the mounting screws are included in the box.

They are typically at or around 1/4" diameter and no more than 3" in length lag screws.

The key for any installation is making sure the mount is fastened DIRECTLY into the wall studs. Using a stud finder is extremely important, as it will show you the on-center location...the best place to install the mount.

After finding the on-center portion of the stud, using a smaller diameter than the screw hole pilot drill bit helps guide the screw into the studs for final installation.

If you already have a TV mount without the lag or install screws, your local Home Depot will carry a plethora of screws to best suit your needs. Just make the head of the screw isn't smaller than the final hole of where the mounting holes will be once fastened into the studs firmly.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2017-02-16T17:51:37+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Hi Wayneh143,

Joseph has you on the right track, however there are cases where a stud is just not in the right location for your TV mount. I recently added a flat screen to my home office, and had ran into this exact issue. I used a product called Wingits, these are hollow wall anchors that will hold up to 300 pounds!

They work like a regular expanding hollow wall anchor, except that they are ultra heavy duty.

Wingit Wall Anchor

These are massive anchors and I was a little dubious about drilling such a big hole in my wall, but they work like a champ. After installing them I tried to pull them out and they were solid. My TV is now in the spot I want it.

Check them out at your local Home Depot!

Mike, The Home Depot Answer Man

Posted 2017-02-16T18:57:38+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+