Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Seasonal & Holiday

Halloween - Pumpkin Mum Decorations

The fall is here and when you think of fall, what are a few things that come to your mind?  For me, it’s pumpkins, mums, cornstalks, hay bales, leaves, and of course, Halloween! If you are sitting there thinking “what is a way that I can decorate without spending a fortune?” I have the solution for you! Pumpkin mums are an easy project and they look adorable!

pumpkins_mums.jpg

Here are the supplies you will need

• ·         Knife
  • ·         Big spoon
  • ·         Trash barrel
  • ·         Potted mum
  • ·         Marker
  • ·         Pumpkin

You start by holding your potted mum up to the top of the pumpkin and tracing around the edges with a marker.  Then you take your knife and cut a few inches outside the lines you just drew. Now here comes the gross part, cleaning out the pumpkin! This is why we need the trash barrel.  Take a big spoon and just scrape all the gooey stuff out of the inside of the pumpkin (you can save the seeds if you would like and roast them for a tasty treat). It’s important to take the seeds out so that they don’t accidently land in the soil and start to grow with your mum. Make sure the inside of your pumpkin is nice and clean, and then place your potted mum right inside.

This will look great as a centerpiece on a table or just even outside on your front steps. Some additional festive tips; add some ribbon to bring in fall colors or put it outside in the yard on hay bales and cornstalks to make a beautiful fall scene.  It will fit in any décor. Happy fall!

BostonianChick

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-17T15:48:28+0000  by BostonianChick BostonianChick

Excellent idea BostonianChick, it's a new spin on a old idea, I'll bet the pumpkin last longer.

Way cool!

Posted 2011-10-21T13:42:45+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+