Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote lost, how do I turn on the fan without lights on?

Stupid question: I lost my Hampton Bay remote and now I don't know how to turn on the fan without turning on the lights. PLEASE help. Its hot as hell in Texas and I need to turn on the fan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-25T22:19:11+0000  by dfwdon dfwdon

Hi there DfwDon, I'm BlakeTheDiyGuy. The heat is on and luckily there is an easy fix to your problem. Head down to your local Home Depot and pick up a universal fan remote kit. This will have a reciever and remote control. The remote control should be compatible with your existing fan (as long as the fan reverse was not controlled on the remote). 

When you get your new remote you will need to adjust the dip switches (under the battery cover) to match the reciever in the fan canopy, HINT: try it out of the box and see if that works before you get up on the ladder. Also don't forget to buy a battery for the remote while you are at the store!

Goodluck DfwDon! Stay cool!

-Blake

Posted 2011-07-25T23:23:06+0000  by BlakeTheDiyGuy

Can you tell me what the replacement part number is for the wireless remote for the Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan model HD 302243? The remote model number is UC707ST.

I cannot find it and the replacement part has a reverse for the fan on the remote which is not on the one that came with the fan.

Kbmkam

Posted 2012-01-08T03:03:15+0000  by kbmkam

Hello Kbmkam and thank you for joining The Community. 

Our Hampton Bay team can answer any questions you have about the operation of your beautiful Hampton Bay Preston 52 in. Gunmetal Ceiling Fan.

Preston new.PNG 

Call the Hampton Bay team at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They will need your SKU 302-243 and will help you get the correct parts.  The team is here to help from start to finish.

Best wishes and thank you for joining our discussions.

Posted 2012-01-10T16:00:50+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

i have the same problem with my fan i already bougth a remote but it doesnt work with my fun my model is 54shrl the upc is 082392552961

Posted 2012-01-15T15:17:39+0000  by erikssolutions

Hello erikssolutions and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

Please contact the Hampton Bay team at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They will need the UPC number that you provided (082392552961) to properly identify the ceiling fan and diagnose the problem.  They are here to help you.

Best wishes on your project.

dw3.png

Posted 2012-02-28T22:00:19+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Hi I moved into a house with 3 really nice Hampton ceiling fans, I can not figure out how to tuen them on. I checked the cose in the remotes I made sure they matched I replaced the batteries int he remote , the electrician said there is power going to the fans? Is there a reset  I need to hit??

Posted 2013-03-04T00:50:21+0000  by tracy6p

Hello tracy6p and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

Congratulations on moving into the new home.  Thank you for checking with the electrician to confirm power to the Hampton Bay ceiling fans and double checking the batteries.  There may be some cross-talk between the ceiling fans, the receivers may not be functioning properly, or other issues.

It would be best to identify the model numbers of the ceiling fans and then contact the Hampton Bay team for more in depth diagnosis.  To obtain the model numbers for each, turn off the electricity to the ceiling fan (switch off the correct breaker), remove the fan from the ceiling, and locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  Be sure to use a ladder that will support your weight plus the ceiling fan.  Have a spotter to help you safely when on the ladder.

Call the Hampton Bay team at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  If you cannot retrieve the code from the top of the motor housing, then send a photo to the team to help identify your ceiling fan. The Hampton Bay team will give you the correct e-mailing address.

Please keep us posted on your progress and best wishes on your project.

Posted 2013-03-05T14:46:58+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+