Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan 3 speed switch replacement

Hello
I was hoping someone could help me out...I am in the process of replacing a Zing Ear 3 speed (4wire) switch in a Harbor Breeze Halston II ceiling fan (model #HE-05180BN-2).  Everything has gone well, I've reached the point that I removed the switch...found it on line and ordered the replacement, however in a hasty move I failed to note which colored wires were inserted into the four holes...I have a black wire, a yellow wire, a pink wire and one gray wire.  Three of the wires; yellow, pink and gray come from what appears to be a reducer/condensor (sorry for the incorrect lingo) with a schematic.  I'm figuring the black wire goes into the L" hole and the pink goes to the #2 hole (medium).  The schematic yellow leads from 4/300... pink is 5/250...gray 6/250.  So I'm at a point I need to know if yellow is #1, Pink is #2 and gray is #3 or reversed...any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Charles 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-11-12T15:18:03+0000  by cekiii cekiii

Hello cekiii,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Without knowing what sequence of wiring operations went to the switch, you'd be hard pressed to get the right configuration without contacting Harbor Breeze directly.

Since this is a product that is sold only through Lowe's, you'd need to contact them via an internet search. 

Beyond that, your only solution would be to keep literally plugging away at the various combinations of wiring contacts in each of the 4 positions.

Let us know if you have any further questions,
Joseph

Posted 2017-11-13T17:31:46+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+