Sign In to join the community | Help
Gift Ideas


High pressure Toilet Bowl Replacement

I am replacing a high pressure toilet bowl in my high rise condo.  I would like to replace the existing round one with an elongated ADA one.  Do I need to be aware of anything special because I am in a high rise with a high pressure system?  What do I need to look for when purchasing the replacement toilet bowl?  Or can I buy any type of toilet bowl?

Thank you,
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-05-01T22:33:58+0000  by Tom3900 Tom3900
You just need to determine the size of your current "spud".  A "spud" is a plumbing term use to describe the size of the pipe connection to the toilet.  I think they're pretty uniform but it's been a long time since I had to think about that kind of stuff.  Beyond that just pick a "Flushometer" style that you like.

It might be fun to have on of those automated flush valves too. ;-)

Being in a condo, you might want to check your association rules.  You may have to use a professional plumber.

Best Answer

Posted 2014-05-03T12:18:18+0000  by Adam444
When you say "high pressure" is this a toilet without a tank like you might see a commercial establishment?  Or is is it one of the "pressure assisted" models?
Posted 2014-05-02T12:02:35+0000  by Adam444
Here is a link to the type of toilet it is -,vw:l&spd=14647681674082195209
Posted 2014-05-02T17:10:58+0000  by Tom3900
Thanks Adam.  That is exactly the information I was looking for.  And yes, my building does require that I use a plumber or one of our qualified maintenance crew.
Posted 2014-05-06T18:12:46+0000  by Tom3900
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question