Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Home Depot/Bali Blinds - Horrible Experience

We have been working with this order for over a month now, so some of the dates may not be exact.

We ordered blinds on September 29. The installer came out and measured that morning so we were able to order before the 35% promotion expired.

The sales person told us that since there may be a small delay on our order, they would have us call the installer once the blinds came in and schedule our install. This was not too much of an issue, but after the fact it seems like this is not the standard procedure.

Approximately 3 weeks later, when the estimated date our order was supposed to arrive (after accounting for the delay) we had not heard anything from Home Depot yet. We called in and were told that our order had been cancelled. I called back in the next day and was told that the order had been cancelled, but was already re-ordered.

On November 3, we received a call that our blinds were in. I drove the 35 minutes to the store and when I got there the customer service rep was only able to find one box. After spending around 45 minutes in the store, they were able to see that only that one box had arrived. The rest were on the way and were scheduled to arrive by Friday, Nov. 6.

As of Monday, Nov. 9, we had not heard anything yet, so I called the store again. The rep I talked with that morning told me that our order was in. Because of the issues we had with the order up to that point, I asked here to physically look and verify that all the boxes were there. After about 15 minutes, the rep transferred me to the store manager. She stated that while the packet showed that the should all be at the store, she was only able to locate one. I went to the store that evening and picked up the one box they were able to locate. I asked to speak with the store manager since I had talked with here earlier I the day. I just wanted to know what the plan was going to be moving forward with the rest of the blinds. She was not there and the manager on duty said he would have her call me the next day.

The next day, the store manager did call me. She said the blinds that were missing had been reordered. It would take a day or so for the order to show up in the vendors system. After that she would call the vendor and have them expedite the order.

As of Friday Nov. 13 I had not heard any update if this had been done or not, so I called to talk to the store manager again. She informed me that the were able to put a rush on it and the blinds are scheduled to arrive on November 25 or 27.

Outside of the delay of the blinds and the fact that the order has already been both cancelled and lost once, I don’t feel like I had very good service trying to rectify all of the issues on this order. I was given a discount on the order, but only after I told the store manager I was considering cancelling the entire order. I have also had to be proactive and call in to the store to get any updates.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-11-17T21:39:58+0000  by jwcarder jwcarder

Hi jwcarder,

This is a Do-It-Yourself site, we do not handle orders, returns or customer complaints, to express your concerns, please call 1-800-466-3337 and ask for our Customer Care Department.
You also can text your concerns to 38698.

Mike
Posted 2020-11-19T18:57:08+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+