Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Seasonal & Holiday

How to make Dragon costume for Halloween

Howdy, to all creative people out there,

Just in time for Halloween, I have a costume idea that you can do in one afternoon. Let us start with the list of items you will need:

Tyvek coveralls: The only size I could find was XL however; it is not a big deal at all.

Spray paint: light green, dark green, yellow, and orange.

Gorilla Glue: clear and non-foaming type

Sharpies: I used both black and white sharpies

Piece of cardboard about 12”X 6”inches

2 pieces of orange card stock paper (or any color that is brighter than green)

You will most likely also need some tools such as:

Workbench with scrap wood on top for overspray

Scissors or utility knife

Hanger to hold suit to dry

First, we start by painting the entire coveralls light green. I recommend the lightest coat possible because too thick will cause it to crack.

Next, I cut a small piece of cardboard in a scallop/scales looking pattern. I use this as a template for painting scales. This actually was the easiest part of the project.

Now with the scales all done on the entire suit head to toe it’s time to allow it to dry while working on other things such as the eyes and back and tail fins.

To do the eyes it is the easiest thing of all. Simply cut off the elastic straps and use the sharpie to draw in the eyes.

The spikey back scales are made of cardstock orange paper. I just folded the paper in half and cut it with scissors. These do not have to be perfect at all. After cutting the paper in half just use the Gorilla Glue to attach them. I used some folder clips to hold them on.

The final step is to use the white Sharpie and add some toe nail details. Finally, I use the black Sharpie to put some details that make it look finished.

The total cost was about $50.00 dollars. You can add or subtract this project as you see fit.

Happy Halloween,

Coach Dave

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-10-16T21:40:15+0000  by Dave_HD_OC Dave_HD_OC

Topic
Categories+