Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Fun & Games

How to make a pumpkin out of dryer duct

Hello out there!

Christine here with a wonderful fall craft to share. I mean, who doesn’t love a good pumpkin craft, right?! :smileyvery-happy:

Please be aware, sharp tools are used for this project. If working with children, adult supervision will be required. 

Things you will need for this project

-          4” Dryer vent duct

-          Hot glue gun/ glue

-          Wire cutter

-          Steel galvanized wire (I used 16 gauge, but you can use something thinner)

-          Orange spray paint

-          Ruler or measuring tape

-          Scissors

-          5” stick from your yard

-          Pliers

Step one:

Stretch out the dryer duct and cut a 2 foot piece. Be careful with this. You can cut the foil with scissors, but the wire is difficult to cut. It will leave a sharp edge, so be very careful.

Step two:

With the duct stretched out as much as possible apply the spray paint. I had to do two coats so the silver wouldn’t show through. Let it dry between coats and let it dry completely before handling it.  Make sure to use spray paint outside on a calm day. Wind is not your friend when you are spray painting. :smileywink:

Step 3:

Cut 3 pieces of wire at 2” a piece. Take your orange duct and make a circle joining the end together with your wire. I poked the wire through the foil first and then twisted it together.

Step 4:

Take your stick and glue in the middle of your duct circle. Be careful with the glue, it gets very hot and should be used with extreme caution. 

Look at that- simple as pumpkin pie! Pumpkins are a wonderful way to decorate your home for fall. Personally, pumpkins are a decorating staple in my house this time of year.

Happy Crafting!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-12T17:52:55+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL Christine_HD_ATL

Thanks for the great craft idea Christine.

From one Christine to the other I am totally going to make a few of these to decorate my house.

This is the answer to how to preserve your pumpkins. With these you can keep them out all the way thru Thanksgiving and not have to worry about them getting moldy.:smileywink: 

Thanks again for the fun project. Great job!! :smileyvery-happy:

Posted 2011-10-12T18:57:01+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Christine, this is a great project. You made it look so easy and way cool.

This is a great way not to have the mess of pumpkins and they last a long time. Plus you can make a few out of a dryer duct.

Can't wait to see your next craft project.

Posted 2011-10-13T18:26:04+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+