Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

I have a Maytag Washer which smells really bad. How do I clean it?

I have a Maytag Washer which has a very bad smell coming out of it. I cleaned the drainage hose but I am afraid to open the insides to check for any blockages in inside hoses. Is there an easy way to clean it and get rid of the smell? Can I use DrainAll?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-16T13:07:03+0000  by kpandya kpandya

Are you saying it's not draining properly?  If so, then you're going to have to open her up and figure out what's wrong.  Could be a blockage, bad pump, or control circuit.

If it's just stinky, there are products for that.  Afresh comes to mind and Tide offers a product as well.  Just put them in and run an empty cycle.  Depending on how bad things are, it may take several treatments.

Posted 2013-07-16T13:10:49+0000  by Adam444

Hello kpandya.  Welcome to the Community?

Yes, the 2 products Adam444 mentioned work well, and are stocked at your local Home Depot store:

Tide.jpg

Affresh.jpg

In addition to using either of these products, also be aware that modern clothes washers do not need nearly as much detergent as older models, and modern detergents tend to be more concentrated as well.  Only use the recommended amount of detergent, as doing this should help mitigate further problems.  If you can leave the door open when the washer is not being used, this would also help to dry out the insides and keep odors to a minimum.

Is this what you are looking for?

Chris.

Posted 2013-07-16T13:48:43+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Thank you very much for your replies! I will try this and I am sure the problem will be resolved. Thanks once again for a very quick reply! I do appreciate your responses.

Posted 2013-07-17T02:05:45+0000  by kpandya

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+