Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Fun & Games

ICE CREAM PLANTER!!!!!

Ice Cream Flower Pot

Now that spring is in full swing, what better way to celebrate then with a nice ice cream Treat.  Try making a fun flower ice cream pot that fits this time of the year perfectly.  This project is perfect for the weekends and can be made with a few simple steps.

Skill level- Beginner

Under-Over Rating- Under $5/ Over 10 min

Tools and Materials

4” terra cotta pot 

Plastic sandwich bag

Straw

Cookie Cutter

Pond Cake

Ice Cream

Gummy Worms

Cookies

Silk flower

Step 1:  Take the 4” pot and wash it before putting goodies in it.

Step 2:   Line the inside of the pot with the plastic bag, and roll the top over the edge. 

Step 3:   Cut a piece of pound cake with a circle cookie cutter and place it on the bottom of the pot.  Cut the straw in half and insert in the middle of the cake.

Step 4:  Add the “potting soil”, which in this case is your ice cream.  Fill just below the rim.

Step 5:  Add the gummy worms.

Step 6:  In a separate plastic bag, crush the cookies and then sprinkle over the top of the ice cream.  This is your layer of “mulch”.

Step 7:  Add your artificial flower into the straw.

Enjoy!

This is a fun family project that can be done at any time.  Once you’re done eating the goodies, just toss out the plastic insert and you can then re-use the pot!!!!  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-04-24T20:57:19+0000  by FlyingHDsod FlyingHDsod

With Mother's Day coming up, I'm thinking this is a great treat my 3yo can make for her Ohmma (Mom in Korean)!

Posted 2012-05-06T16:56:43+0000  by Paul

Yesterday i decide to make own ice cream,

Its first time i start it, but i have no idea when any flavour i can mix, result i can't able to got my desire flavour,

Can any one help me regarding it?

Posted 2012-05-11T14:51:26+0000  by David_Brett

Hello David_Brett, and welcome to the community!

You can search on the internet for different recipe flavors to choose, you can also consider going something really different, like Dippin' Dots. You can find them at your local grocer, and they come in a variety of flavors & colors. Or if you decide to make your own ice cream to can add the Dippin' Dots to your ice cream to give it color & texture.

dippindots.jpg

Posted 2012-05-11T15:03:51+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Thanks for your love.

http://watchesdayreview.com

Posted 2012-05-12T13:56:16+0000  by David_Brett
registered just to give this guy a 'nailed it' ^^
Posted 2012-09-05T21:49:52+0000  by squids

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+