Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

If my driveway and garage has concrete spalling, can I put on a waterproofer to stop the spalling? Or do I need to repair the spalling before using the waterproofer?

If my driveway and garage has concrete spalling, can I put on a waterproofer to stop the spalling? Or do I need to repair the spalling before using the waterproofer?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-06-10T21:04:46+0000  by brunswigb brunswigb

Hello brunswigb and welcome to the Community.

You have two options. Sealing alone will stop or reduce future spalling.  Repair will also stop the spalling and provide a new surface.

Remove all loose materials and prepare the surface for sealing per manufactures recommendations.  Then apply a sealer that will work well, for your situation.  For example, apply Ghostshield 4500 Densifier and Hardener.  Then apply Ghostshield 8500 Invisible Penetrating Water Based Concrete and Masonry Sealer plus Water and Salt Repellent.

The second option is to again, prepare the surface, per manufacturer directions and then repair the garage and driveway. Below you can see two products to achieve that end.

Rapid Set CEMENT-ALL High performance, eco-friendly hydraulic cement formulation.   It is a high quality, durable, easy-to-use, multi-purpose repair material that can be used, for almost any type of concrete work, including concrete repair.  Cement All offers superior resistance to chemical attack.  It can be applied from a feathered edge to 6”.  Crack resistant, non-shrink, long life formula.  It is Ultra durable and bonds to old concrete without any additives.

Quikrete Concrete Resurfacer.  This product can only be applied up to 1/4" thick.  Spalled and pitted surfaces may be repaired with Concrete Resurfacer mixed to a trowelable consistency.  Designed to provide a new, durable, and wear-resistant surface over worn or scaling concrete.  Concrete Resurfacer is a special blend of Portland cement, sand, polymer modifiers and other additives designed to provide a shrinkage compensated repair material.

Click on the orange words to get more details about these products and view their installation guides.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2018-06-12T19:22:47+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
I know you guys have granite countertops but do you carry cement countertops. What style of kitchen cabinets would go together with the cement. I see that cement is becoming a trend and want to get ahead of the curve. I design kitchens so any recommendations?
John
Posted 2018-06-13T20:12:45+0000  by johnfort
Hello johnfort.

The Home Depot does not sell cement countertops.  To my knowledge, these are all cast-in-place projects.

I did find a good YouTube video that will give you some idea of the work involved.

Chris.

Posted 2018-06-15T19:06:51+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+