Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

January 2012- Savings Shed

Hello everyone!

It's a new year and first week of the month, which means....it's time for another Kids Workshop class!

On Saturday January 7th from 9:00 a.m. until 12 p.m.  we will be building a Savings Shed!

savings shed.JPG

This little shed is used to store money, which makes for a unique and fun project that parents can help their children build. Kids can paint them in various colors there at the workshop and make it truly their own project.

Can you do that with a typical piggy bank?:smileyhappy:

no piggy bank.JPG

So come on down to the workshop, and just like every Kids Workshop, each participating child from the ages 5-12 will also receive a FREE Kids Workshop apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement!

And always remember, you don't have to register or schedule, come as you are every first Saturday of the month at your nearest Home Depot!

Have a happy near year everyone,

aboveaveragejoe

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-01-03T19:16:35+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL Joseph_HD_ATL

We will be attending the workshop at the East West Connector store. I just wanted to let everyone know how kind and thoughtful they are. My grandson Tye who is five and has cerebral palsy loves to attend the workshops, he is in a wheelchair and cannot build at the tables they have set up so they ave a special table they set up for him to use. This goes above and beyond kindness so he gets to be like everyone else. Thank you from Tye and Noni

Posted 2012-01-07T02:19:15+0000  by tyesnoni

Hello. I would like to take my daughter to the workshop tomorrow, It will be her first time and she is looking forward to it :)  Can you please tell me if we have to be there from 9:00 -12:00 or can we come anytime in between? Thank you-Janet

Posted 2012-01-07T04:11:22+0000  by Dak2006

Good morning tyesnoni,

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

I'm so glad  Tye is able to make it to your stores workshop each month! Kudos that your store has set up a table just for him to use! That's great, your story is a great example of what makes our Kids Workshop classes so memorable for not just the little ones participating in them, but to all of us.

Thanks so much for letting us know your store goes above and beyond for your grandson.

Regards,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-01-07T15:05:58+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Good morning Janet,

Thanks for your workshop question and welcome to the community!

While you can come in anytime between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., it is best that you can attend as early as possible. Depending on the individual store, you may encounter more participants and you have to consider the time making the project, so coming in early is always best. In the workshops I have been involved in, you can work past the end of the workshop sometimes and they may have other projects, but contact the Kids Workshop captain at your local store first. At the 3 Home Depots I have worked for, every captain has their own space and regulations, so getting in touch with them, even at the workshop, I find helps.

I hope you and your daughter are attending the workshop today, and you two made something that both of you can remember for a long time:smileyhappy:

Cheers,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-01-07T15:16:49+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
I just wanted to say that my husband and I took 2 of our sons and 2 of our nephews and it was a very rewarding experience. We can not wait until next months workshop!
Posted 2012-01-08T01:31:54+0000  by Rmono2

I just wanted to jump online and say that what you at the Home Depot do for children is beautiful.  My 5-year-old son, Thierry, attended the Savings Shed workshop yesterday morning, and the entire experience was perfect.  From the store employees greeting HIM upon entering the store and directing him to the workshop room, to the lovely people working in the workshop room...everyone went above and beyond to make Thierry feel like a person of equal importance to adults.  The workshop project itself was ideal...challenging enough to make him think, yet simple enough he could do it himself with very little adult help.  Then when the nice lady presented him with a Certificate of Accomplishment, and his own little Home Depot work apron ("Just like the people in the store wear, Mommy!") and pin, he was on cloud nine.  He was so proud of the work he'd done.  On the way out of the store, he showed absolutely every employee his work (and talked them through his step-by-step process).  And every single employee took the time to talk with him and discuss the project and his accomplishment!  We will absolutely be attending every kids workshop you host from now on, and we are spreading the word about what you do for children.  Thank you for a wonderful start to our "do it yourself" year!

Thanks again Home Depot (and specifically Tilly Mill #115),

Jen (and Thierry) MacQueen

Thierry HD2.jpg

Thierry HD1.jpg

Posted 2012-01-08T07:53:36+0000  by whaddup

had a great time at our first workshop plan to go again in feb

Posted 2012-01-09T16:07:26+0000  by tilldog_2000

Hey Rmono2,

Thanks for giving us your great feedback for your stores kids workshop experience!

Next month, we'll be building a heart keepsake box, we hope to see you there!

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-01-09T16:38:42+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hey there Jen and Thierry,

We appreciate you taking the time to show us the great results you two made together!

I work in the same area near your Tilly Mill store in the Atlanta area, and we strive ourselves to make sure all children get the same great experience that Thierry got as well.

It sounds like he got the works, from the project, pin and cool apron to call his own. Best of all, the more you two participate in Kids Workshops, the more pins and projects he can get!

......like you said, not a bad start to your "do it yourself" year!

Cheers,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-01-09T16:44:01+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hi tilldog_2000,

Looks like another success for Kids Workshop and a great storage shed for the little ones!

As stated earlier on this post, next month we are building a Valentine's Day themed project, so get ready!

Thanks for sharing your great experience and we'll see you next month!

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-01-09T16:54:56+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+