Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

July-Penske Moving Truck

Greetings community!

Summer is in full swing, and with the outdoor temperatures bubbling the mercury, why not take the kids down to your local Home Depot this Saturday July 7th from 9am to 12pm for our monthly Kids Workshop!

For this workshop, we're teaming up with the good folks at Penske Rental Trucks, who now have their trucks available for rent at most Home Depots across the country. This now makes The Home Depot your one-stop destination for all your moving needs. In honor of that, our Kids Workshop will be making a toy Penske Truck, not as big as the regular fleet, but just right for the little ones!

Penske Moving Trucks

The Penske Truck Fleet

One cool feature I'd also like to share is the back compartment slides up and down like the real thing! 

Looks and works like the real thing!

As with every Kids Workshop, each child that participates will receive the following:

• the project that they can get to paint and keep alongside detailed install instructions
  • their very own Kids Workshop apron
  • commemorative pin
  • certificate of achievement

Kids Workshop July

So remember, this Kids Workshop will be this Saturday July 7th from 9am until 12pm. No registration is needed, simply sign in with the Kids Workshop Captain when you arrive.

Happy Building!

aboveaveragejoe

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-02T15:16:08+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL Joseph_HD_ATL

to whom it may concern, the projects you have for the kids are awesome... i was wondering is it just instore? i am having an event for the kids in my community and i think the kids would enjoy this. do you donate some of the projects you have left over? i would love to set up a table and let the kids build.
Posted 2012-07-06T23:17:36+0000  by jita10023

Took my daughter and she had a good time. I even made an extra for our front counter...lol

070712110327.jpg

Posted 2012-07-07T18:39:27+0000  by JLilly

Oh. I forgot. Done @ Store #3304 in Reno, NV

Posted 2012-07-07T18:53:15+0000  by JLilly

Good morning jita10023!

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Having a kids workshop event in your area is a great idea! We always strive to give back to our local communities through Team Depot. Every store has one, including yours, so I would recommend you to contact your stores Team Depot captain to schedule an event or a donation. Personally, I've attended several of these at grade schools near my store in the Atlanta area. Depending on what the store has available, it shouldn't be an issue to get your kids set up with an event!

So again, simply speak to the Team Depot Captain at your local store to get an event started!

Have a great day,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-07-09T14:53:09+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hey JLilly,

Glad you and your daughter had a great experience at our latest Kids Workshop. The extra one built looks like a perfect setting for the front counter! The one I built is resting comfortably on a shelf in my cubicle here in the office for everyone to see.

We hope to see you next month at our next Kids Workshop!

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2012-07-09T14:56:40+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+