Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Look for a small metal piece for inside an old cupboard.

Good Evening

I am looking for a small metal piece that goes inside of an old cupboard to help keep it shut.  On the inside of the door is a round head screw and this piece should be attached on the inside to grab the screw head and keep the door closed.  Both of mine are so old they have broken.  Please help... if only to identify the name of the grabber piece.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2019-09-30T23:53:15+0000  by MOJUD MOJUD
Would it be something like this?

Posted 2019-10-01T10:13:25+0000  by Adam444


Welcome to The Community!!

I'm thinking that there used to be a magnet that would latch onto the metal screw.

A flat headed screw can be used to attach this metal plate to the door for better contact.

Find more cabinet latch hardware here:

Thank you for asking,


Posted 2019-10-01T11:55:57+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL
Hi Mojud,

Travis has you on the right track, magnetic latches are easy to install and last virtually for ever.

Posted 2019-10-03T19:30:18+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question