Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Military Discount

Hello HD,

I served in the United States Army for 8 years as an Infantryman, deployed to Iraq in a combat zone for 10 months and separated with an Honorable Discharge. I trained, served and left without any injuries/disabilities.

Here’s my question: Why am I not eligible for the HD military discount? I can understand active and retired military but NOT necessarily ALL disabled veterans. There are more “disabled vets” that were injured during Basic Training and discharged than those that actually served at their stations and/or combat.

I’ve always grown up going to HD with my father and have always thought of HD first when it comes to home improvement. I see Lowe’s respects and appreciates ALL VETERANS! Lowe’s acknowledges my service and they’re #1 now!

Thank you, HD for making me wait until July 4th or Veterans Day to acknowledge me. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-08-31T08:49:00+0000  by SeanH SeanH

Just to follow-up and to be clear on my point...

“Disabled Vets” include those that never graduated Basic Training due to a disability. So why does HD recognize them but not combat veterans with Honorable Discharges?
Posted 2018-08-31T08:54:26+0000  by SeanH

Hello SeanH and welcome to the Community.

Home Depot does offers a military discount to all active and veterans of the United States Military.  So, you were misinformed, if someone said you are not eligible.  Unfortunately Home Depot Online Line order do not offer military discounts ( except for special days) and a few specific products that are not discounted.  Home Depot wants to show you the appreciation you deserve, for your service.  If you have further difficulties at your local Home Depot, please enlist the assistance of the manager.  

Thank you for your service.

Charlotte of the Home Depot Community. 

Posted 2018-09-04T18:30:27+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
I wish the HD rep had mentioned the proper form of ID for non-retired veterans for that discount... is it a DD214, VA letter, etc?

They're pretty diligent about ID's for military discount, including asking to see my ID while I was in uniform.
Posted 2018-09-05T03:21:05+0000  by BDCarrillo
In response to Charlotte of the Home Depot Community. I read what you stated, but the stores are not following the policy. Unless you have a valid military id card or possibly the veteran designation on your DL, the stores are not giving the discount. I even called and asked if I could show my DD214 and was told it is not a valid form of verification.  Many veterans who have served, but not retired or disabled do have an id card. So what type of id needs to be shown.  Lowe's has the ability to verify whether an individual has served, does Home Depot not have that capability.
Posted 2018-11-21T07:44:14+0000  by ciadei

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+