Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Military Discount Online Ordering

I am trying to purchase an expensive item that is only available for purchase online.  I went to the #6201 store to show my military discount eligibility and have them order it and apply the discount.  They could not apply the discount so they called the online department who said yes we can do that but then no we can't. So how do I order this item with the discount?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-04-09T17:23:57+0000  by DonnaP DonnaP

Hey DonnaP.

Unfortunately our military discount applies only to items in stock in the store and not on online products. We have unfortunately, never given military discounts online.
Posted 2017-04-09T17:59:20+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL
Anyway this can get implemented?  It's keeping me from buying a $700 item from HD and have been scouring the Lowe's site for a similar item as they have figured out how to get the discount online.
Posted 2017-09-16T15:19:25+0000  by dnguyen35304
So once again I'll be buying from Lowes online and se my Military discount and have it delivered to the Lowes across the street from my local HD. I was fortunately able to buy the washer I wanted at my local HD back in July. I'd like to Thank Home Depot for honoring Veterans with the discount in the first place and hope you eventually implement way within your POS system like Lowes has done for veterans to be flagged so we are able to use the discount in an online order as well.
Posted 2017-09-30T18:59:49+0000  by Izzy1665
I am sad - and have to agree - that this is very frustrating.  I have spent more than $10k this year so far at Home Depot doing home improvement projects... and the fact that I cannot use my military discount online - only in store - is making me turn to Lowes.  I have to be honest... I don't like Lowes.  I like Home Depot....but not enough to give up hundreds of dollars in savings!  Please... find a way to change this policy.  
Posted 2017-10-02T03:02:12+0000  by WSF
Everyone. Fellow military member here. Please understand that as much as it may be inconvenient, you are able to go into any HD and order something from them to be delivered to your home and get your discount that way. There has been multiple times where I see something online and it is not in my local store. I can just go into the store and order it from there to be delivered and get my discount that way.

Hope this helps.
Posted 2017-10-29T21:35:34+0000  by Speck
Speck, I didn't find that to be true. Just yesterday I inquired about ordering a $2500 compressor from the store and they stated that they  order through the website also, just like we'd do at home. The military discount can not be applied through the website even though it's ordered in the store. Hope this helps. If this is inaccurate HD,  it would've been nice for a rep to clear it up on this discussion site. 
Posted 2017-11-09T12:12:57+0000  by Hankyfjdklspaskd
Hanky & Speck,

My wife and I are both Ret & Vet from AF. We remodeled or TH in 2016 and I used my military discount in store and online; but the trick with online orders is you have to call the 800 order number and ask them for a Courtesy Military Discount that they can apply to your order from Home Depot HQ Ordering Dept. They can see your in-store purchases against a credit card and see that you were given a Military Discount on purchases then they can use those transactions as validation of your verified Military Discount. We spent $15K - $20K through our local HD and additional $2K on HD online orders that we received our Military Discounts on them.

If you have problems obtaining the Military Discount for online orders, contact the 800 number for Customer Service and explain to them what you are trying to do with the Home Depot Part numbers so they can assist you with your order?

Our Military Discount is supposed to apply up to $500.00 in discounts on each purchase/order per Home Depot's Military Discount Program Information.
Posted 2017-11-25T03:05:59+0000  by rbhdtpa

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+