Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Moving a stove

Hello,

In the near future I will be getting a new countertop installed, so my stove will have to be moved. Any suggestions on how I can do this without damaging my relatively new vinyl plank kitchen floor? I was told about some plastic pieces you can put under all 4 "legs" of the stove in order to move it out, which can then be left on to put it back in place. I did not see anything like that on the Home Depot site. Thank you!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-15T07:11:31+0000  by jk4321 jk4321

What you're describing is called furniture slides, they have a hard plastic surface that's kind of slippery.   Home Depot sells their own version.

Basically you'd need to slide the range slightly forward so you can tip it back and get two of the pads under front two legs.  Then slide the range out so you can get to the back two legs.  I would not leave them in place after your counter is installed.

While they work, they're not perfect.  Make sure the floor is clean before you start.  Hard grit (like sand) can get imbedded in the surface and scratch.
Posted 2015-04-15T12:47:50+0000  by Adam444
Welcome back Jason.

There is another product called Movealls that you might find has less of a chance to scratch wood floors.

You can find it here:  Movealls

Chris.

Posted 2015-04-17T14:58:22+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
These are great, have been using them for years when moving heavy furniture!
Posted 2015-09-24T20:32:42+0000  by AlbertoNNJ10
Hey jk4321,

Since you're concerned about scratching your beautiful new plank kitchen floor, why not add these self-adhesive felt pads to your table legs and chairs or stool legs as well.

They're inexpensive and easy to install ... they'll keep those floors beautiful for years to come.
Posted 2015-10-22T16:24:01+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+