Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

My Appliance Delivery has been rescheduled 3 times!!

I ordered 3 different appliances; a dishwasher, an over-the-range microwave, and a stove. It's been over 2 months and my delivery has been rescheduled 3 times. If I'm not guaranteed a delivery date (or at least some of my appliances delivered soon), I want to cancel my order. I understand COVID delaying shipments but I feel this is extremely unfair to repeatedly do this. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-11-11T00:35:48+0000  by Franci Franci

Hi Franci,

We are sorry for the delays, as you may know the covid-19 pandemic caused production shutdowns at all appliance manufacturing locations for 3 months! During this time, retailers continued to sell product, but no new product was being produced. As a result the entire us inventory has been depleted. Thus all orders were placed on back order.

The delivery date is just that a date, we based that date on the manufacturers ETA for the product. So far the manufacturers has not delivered the product to us and has changed their ETA several times. They face major issues with supply of parts to them. Just like the appliance manufactures the appliance part manufacturers were shut down as well. Each appliance has hundreds of parts, if one part is not available they cannot build the appliance. They are working 7 days a week to get the appliances to us but they still have a tremendous backlog.

You may cancel your order at any time by calling your local Home Depot store. Please remember, this delay applies to all manufactures and retailers, thus if you cancel your order and go to another retailer the chances are good your order will be delayed even longer. If you choose to shop at another retailer or on the internet be sure to ask about availability of the product! The shortages apply nationwide and another retailer will not be able to supply the product any sooner.

Once again we are sorry for the delay but it is out of our hands.

Mike
Posted 2020-11-12T20:04:52+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+