Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Need advice on sink and faucet combination

I have liked the Vigo Sink (Vigo Tempered-Glass Vessel Sink in Copper) (Model # VG07019 Internet # 202722812). I need to purchase a faucet with flow rate of 1.8 gpm or less.

Would this Pegasus faucet work with this sink (Pegasus Bamboo Single Hole 1-Handle Low-Arc Bathroom Vessel Faucet in Heritage Bronze) (Model # 67109-8196H Internet # 202044139)?

This faucet has a pop-up drain assembly, will that work with this sink? Do I need to purchase anything else to make this combination work?

Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-14T07:57:34+0000  by dba100 dba100

Hello dba100 and thank you for joining The Community!    We are glad that you are here.

After reviewing the specifications and installation instructions for the Pegasus Bamboo Single Hole 1-Handle Low-Arc Bathroom Vessel Faucet as well as the Installation Guide for the Vigo Tempered-Glass Vessel Sink, I think this combination will work.  The sink has about 2” of clearance above and into the sink.

Remember that the Vigo style vessel bowl does not have an overflow.  The Pegasus team told me that this pop-up drain is suitable.  Remember to turn the water off when not in use.

The sink can be mounted directly to the countertop or an optional mounting ring can be installed under the sink.  The Pegasus Mounting Ring in Heritage Bronze (Model # 89510) can be ordered through your local Home Depot store’s Special Order program.  This mounting ring is designed for use with all glass vessel sinks and includes the rubber gasket (fits all standard drains).

Installation Notes:

* Read all instructions for the sink and the faucet before installation. 

* You will need to have the usual supplies for changing a sink and faucet, including new supply lines, drain pipe, plumber’s putty, Teflon tape, rags, adjustable wrench, pliers, pipe wrench, screwdriver, and tape measure.  You will also need a drill (see next note).

* You will want to create a template before drilling the hole for the drain as well as for the faucet to ensure that you are satisfied with the placement.   It is especially important to have the faucet drain as much as possible into the sink for washing your hands.  Dry fit the faucet and sink (with optional mounting ring) BEFORE drilling. 

* If you will be installing the vessel sink directly to the vanity top, you will need to apply a bead of caulk; use a level to ensure correct placement.

* Be sure to turn off the water supply before starting this project.

Best wishes on your project.  Please send us a photo – this should be a beautiful addition to your bath!

DW Logo Decorator.png

Posted 2012-12-14T14:52:33+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Thank you so much for the quick response! I had one additional question regarding the mounting ring. Instead of the special order, can I just order the "KRAUS Mounting Ring in Oil Rubbed Bronze" Model # MR-1ORB Internet # 203214266. It is much cheaper compared to the special order item!

Thanks again!

Posted 2012-12-14T20:40:08+0000  by dba100

Hello again dba100!

This mounting ring should be okay – the opening installation should fit the drain on your vessel sink – and it includes the rubber gaskets.

The KRAUS Oil Rubbed Bronze finish is different from the Pegasus Heritage Bronze finish on the faucet, however the mounting ring is only 0.5 inch high and located under the Vigo Copper sink – and nobody should be looking there!

Keep us posted on your progress.

DW Logo Decorator.png

Posted 2012-12-14T20:53:44+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+