Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Need paint code conversion

I have a paint sample that was manually adjusted by the person behind the counter at home depot about 3 months ago. I went to get a full gallon, and the person behind the counter could not just convert the code and the computer would not do it since it was adjusted manually. The 8 oz sample was Marquee Flat, Matte with codes CLRNT 384th, EL 3, IL 17 and TL 53. Can someone tell me what the correct code is for a gallon of the same. The person at the store tried to make another sample and color match that, but in the past that has not been very close. The letters for a gallon are not the same EL, IL, and TL that is used for a sample and the numbers do not just scale.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-01-15T19:18:24+0000  by Koolie Koolie

Greetings Koolie, 

I hope that I am understanding your question correctly, did the paint associate add more colorant to a sample after the formula for the sample was mixed? Doing that would mean that the color was not true to the formula and the amount that was added would only change the sample size.... once the formula is adjusted and it is not the precise amount added each time the color will be different.  

Did you start out with a color chip from the color choices at the store? That is a good place to start.

Use the Color Match process. The inside cover of the sample, seems to me, would be the only way that you would be able to get as close as possible to the original altered custom color sample. 

A sample could be made with the color matched process, then check to see just how the color matches the original sample, and then use that formula to mix a gallon. 

The paint desk associate can help you go through the process of mixing to get the best possible match. 

Always stick to a formula to ensure that you can get additional paint that is the same color and sheen. 

Maureen 

Posted 2020-01-16T13:11:36+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
 Do not color match again. The paint can be generated from the existing sample. Have the associate manually enter the following formula into a gallon of the desired sheen and base of Marquee: EL 48/384, IL 96 /384, TL 3oz 80/384. These amounts are simply 16 times of the sample amount, the sample is 1/16th of a gallon.

Unfortunately, when a sample has been manually altered, the new formula is not automatically entered into the computer, and therefore will not automatically be available to make a larger amount of paint. However, this does not preclude the associate from doing the math to get the gallon formula.
Posted 2020-01-21T04:18:26+0000  by ordjen
 Do not color match again. The paint can be generated from the existing sample. Have the associate manually enter the following formula into a gallon of the desired sheen and base of Marquee: EL 48/384, IL 96 /384, TL 3oz 80/384. These amounts are simply 16 times of the sample amount, the sample is 1/16th of a gallon.

Unfortunately, when a sample has been manually altered, the new formula is not automatically entered into the computer, and therefore will not automatically be available to make a larger amount of paint. However, this does not preclude the associate from doing the math to get the gallon formula.
Posted 2020-01-21T04:18:27+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+