Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

New Doors & Locks

I am closing on my first house soon and will be putting in a new front door, back door and garage door into the house. I want all of these doors to have the same locks/key. If I purchase the three doors and locks at Home Depot are they able to make the locks and key match for all of them? 

Thank You!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-03-25T14:05:58+0000  by meganschmitt14 meganschmitt14

Hey meganschmitt14,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Congrats on closing your first home! 

You can have all doors to have the same locks provided you purchase them at your local Home Depot and have a Hardware associate who works there re-key them as a service for you.

Make sure to do this before you leave the store, and you can easily get a key match for all your doors!

Also, consider using Smart Home entry door locks as well. They can cost a little more up front, but they are easier to access without the use of a key. Just something else to consider.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2020-03-25T16:56:56+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Hi meganschmitt14,

Kwikset also makes Smart Key lock sets which can be rekeyed by the home owner to a new key or keyed alike using the included tool. You may be able to purchase several lock sets with the same key. This will reduce the number of locksets you have to rekey. Look for the keyed alike number on the package,  ( it usually is on the back or bottom) . For more information on the Kwikset Smart Key lock sets check out the link below.

Also we can order lock sets already keyed alike in any quantity or style you like, the only criteria is that they must all be the same brand.

Mike

Posted 2020-04-01T22:01:24+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+