Sign In to join the community | Help
Gift Ideas

New paint with 2005 colors

I recently framed in a double door in my foyer and need to paint the new drywall on both sides.  While I still have the original cans of paint, they are 15 years old and aren't fit for use. We used Glidden colors in a Behr premium plus interior base.  What do I need to provide to the HD paint associate to have these mixed today?  

Color 1:  Virginia Vine, 70YY 22/144, Behr Premium Plus Interior Satin Enamel, Base: 7600
Color 2:  Oyster White, 30YY 64/149, Behr Premium Plus Interior Satin Enamel , Base: 7050  

I have the colorant info from the original labels but I don't think it is valid anymore with all the VOC changes made over the last decade.  Any help is appreciated!

Todd

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2021-01-09T20:48:47+0000  by TAS112233 TAS112233

Good morning TAS 112233,

Thanks for joining us here on the community.

Since you used another brand in another type of paint, it should have originally been a custom color match, as Behr's colors cannot be tinted into another brand, such as Glidden. 

The Behr colors will be updated in our systems to comply with the newer formulas, but you'll need to bring in the original cans to do another custom match via a sample to get your new paint correctly tinted. 

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2021-01-11T16:40:24+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
I would suggest that even if you could match the original color formulation, it will not match the paint on your wall.  After 15 years, the paint has faded/discolored.  You might get close by taking a chip of the existing paint from the wall in for color matching.

You may end up having to repaint the entire area unfortunately.
Posted 2021-01-12T00:59:51+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+