Sign In to join the community | Help
Gift Ideas

Newly purchased vinyl window leaks

Hello, I am diligently trying to figure out why my 2 brand new windows are leaking.. I just bought the tstar vinyl windows from HD that have sliders. When the rain goes through the screen and against the bottom it runs under the side that opens and into the bottom frame inside the house. I took a video and you can see it dripping in and pooling up. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2021-01-12T17:53:26+0000  by magen magen

Hello Magen, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry you are having a problem with the windows, but I searched for that brand "tstar" and I could not find the brand on the website in your area, could you please provide the UPC code from your receipt. 

When you installed the window, did you make sure that the weep holes were at the bottom? The weep holes allows the water to drain out the front--see photos below. 

Assuming you have the weep holes in the correct orientation, I suggest looking up the manufacture online and contact their customer service department to troubleshoot the issue. 

~Angelo

Posted 2021-01-14T13:54:13+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
Hi Magen,

If you are referring to Thermastar windows, they are sold by Lowes and made by Pella, you can contact Pella at Pella.com/support. If Lowes installed the windows for you contact them first, the number will be on your receipt.

Mike
Posted 2021-01-14T20:50:32+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+