Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

November- Installing a tile backsplash

Hello everyone,

aboveaveragejoe here to talk about one of our most popular how-to workshops; how to install a tile backsplash! With the ever-growing demand of mosaic and wall tiles in our stores, we are offering each Sunday in November from 1-2:30 p.m. a great how-to and hands-on demonstration to get your updated backplash up and running.

Here are the workshop objectives:  http://bcove.me/8rbyjskn

And remember, any further questions or if you just want to show off that new backsplash of yours, be sure to post and let us know here on the Community!

Thanks everyone,

aboveaveragejoe

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-21T15:24:06+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL Joseph_HD_ATL

I would like to sign up for this workshop in Nov. Do I just show up or do I have to sign up at the store? What day of the month in Nov. is the workshop going to be.

Thank you,

Debbie Young

Posted 2011-10-21T20:10:32+0000  by day1118

Hello Debbie,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Our how-to clinics are a come-as-you-are basis, so no sign up at all is needed! Simply show up at the store a few minutes before the designated time. The workshops are each Sunday in November in the following dates:

• Sunday, November 6th 1-2:30 p.m.
  • Sunday, November 13th 1-2:30 p.m.
  • Sunday, November 20th 1-2:30 p.m.
  • Sunday, November 27th 1-2:30 p.m.

Hope this helps you out, and I hope you learn from this great how-to workshop!

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-10-21T20:24:35+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
My wife will be there tomorrow. Thanks!
Posted 2011-11-06T01:58:45+0000  by Gauth31bc

Hey there Gauth31bc,

Glad to hear she'll be taking part in our workshops!~

How did she/you enjoy it? Given you any new ideas or outlooks on projects to come! We'd love to hear some feedback or hear about what's next for you!~ = )

Posted 2011-11-10T17:31:10+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

I only wish I had been able to attend this workshop.  I didn't know it was offered at my store, it didn't show up when I looked online.  Then, the second week of November, when I was in the store, I saw the calendar for my local store and there it was, something I have been needing to do in my home but didn't know how, now I was going to learn.  I forgot about the class being offered that weekend, I remembered at 1 when the class was supposed to start.  Then, the third weekend I was ill, I couldn't get there.  So, my last hope was this weekend.  The class was on the calendar but I called ahead to my local store, the one in Lovejoy GA, to make sure the class was going on since this was Thanksgiving weekend.  I was told that yes there would be a class.  I have health issues and today was no exception.  I was running 10 minutes late so called to find out what department I should go to.  The first time I called there was no answer.  The second time there was an answer and she put me on hold to find out where I should go.  As I was driving in the parking lot she came on to say there was no class today, Nov 27, it was taught yesterday.  WAIT, I called earlier and was told there was a class.  So, I turned around and headed home.  If this had been my first class disappointment at the store that would be one thing, but it wasn't.  The Martha Stewart HER Workshop was a disaster Nov 10.  I give up on classes at Home Depot now.

Posted 2011-11-27T23:17:37+0000  by chaddican

Hello chaddican,

Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about you missing out on November's tile backsplash workshop:smileysad::smileysad:

I work at my store in the Atlanta area, not near the Lovejoy/Clayton County area, but I must say that all Home Depot's throughout the U.S. has all these classes every Sunday.

Every time I teach my tile classes, I am sure to let every associate in my department be aware of that a workshop is being given that day. Even with that said, I am sorry you had to drive back home. As I'm sure other flooring associates can agree with me, you don't necessarily need a full class to learn how to install tile. Personally, when I teach my classes or when I'm on the tile aisle assisting customers, I always listen to the specific questions and comments the customer has, and go on that. WIth a little time, I can still teach whoever wants to learn about all basics of tile installation, and I even give the person hand-outs so you can go over any further information later on you may have missed. Bottom line, we at The Home Depot can teach you how to install a tile backsplash by speaking a flooring associate regardless it there is a workshop happening that day or not. I wish you had spoken to a flooring associate or the person that does the workshop, as it sounded like you may not have gotten to the right person via the phone, and I apologize for that.

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance on here. 

We have a plethora of on-line information and how-to as well on our website and here on the community. From learning how to install backerboard, to putting down grout, to even just wanting to know how to measure and layout tile, we have you covered!

Again, sorry to hear of your situation when it comes to attending workshops, but a good rule-of-thumb to is to contact the store and seeing who the specific associate will teach it that day before coming in and speak to them directly, as I find that helps.

Regards,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-11-28T18:45:12+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hi

I missed the November backsplash installing classes. We just bought a home and would love to install a backsplash in our kitchen!  When do the next set of classes begin? I live in Chicago.

Posted 2011-12-19T18:10:11+0000  by AnnaKurian

Good afternoon AnnaKurian!

Welcome to the community!

Starting in January 2012, our weekly workshops will consist  of:

• High Efficiency Lighting

Each Saturday of the month 10 a.m.-11 a.m.

• Kitchen Redesign — Replace, Reface, Renew
Each Saturday of the month 11 p.m.-12 p.m.

• Bath Safety

Each Saturday of the month 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m.

• Storage and Closet Organization Solutions

Every Sunday of the month (except January 1st) 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
The Kitchen Design class will be going over some tips on how to update the look of your kitchen work area, including the backsplash! This is the class I would recommend to attend not just for learning to tile hands-on, but also other items, such as updating your cabinets and countertops. 
Also, as stated above in this same thread, we have lots of great videos, demonstrations, and information you can search through regarding tile installation on our How-To Community. Contacting your local store before the workshop is being taught will greatly assist in finding where and who will be teaching the class that day too. It never hurts to ask lots of questions at our workshops, and we should be able to go over any topic for you in the time of the clinics, as well as any further advice in the stores at any day of the week.
And as always, if you have a specific question, we are more than happy to answer your question on here! 

Regards,
aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-12-19T20:02:57+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+