Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

November- Veterans Day Picture Frame

We at Home Depot cater to Do it Yourselfers of all ages! It's Tom, known here in the community as HD116, and I started working with wood as soon as I could hold a hammer in my Grandfathers shop. We encourage you to teach your children valuable skills and tool safety at your neighborhood Home Depot. On the first Saturday of each month we hold a free Kids Workshop with a different theme. The workshops are a "hands-on" experience for children from 5 - 12 years old and provide fun for the whole family. In addition to the craft project of their choice, each child will receive a free Home Depot apron, participation pin, and certificate of achievement.  

As part of our two month Celebration of Service, Novembers craft is a Veterans Day picture frame. Each frame features the American flag as well as the flags of The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard but can be customized by your child. This is a gift that any Veteran family member, relative, neighbor or friend would cherish for years to come.

So please join us at the Home Depot on Saturday, November 5th 2011 from 9 - Noon for some family fun and this free kids workshop.

Veterans-Day.jpg

We hope to see you there, and Happy Veterans Day!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-19T14:27:23+0000  by HD116 HD116

Hello,

Could this project be hosted at a local school?

Thanks

Jena Lilly

Posted 2011-10-27T01:17:18+0000  by jvlilly

This is our first time to attend a Kids Workshop at Home Depot and we had a blast! A perfect time to bond with the whole family. I went with my 20 months old son Talem, and my husband. We've made a beautiful picture frame from scratch. I felt like I am a kid again doing it with my son is the most precious thing. We would highly recommend this Kids Workshop to friends and families seeking a fun day with their kids!

:smileyhappy:My Busy Little Carpenter Baby:smileywink:

My Busy Little Carpenter Talem

:smileytongue:My baby is so serious when he works on his masterpiece!:smileyvery-happy:

Busy Painting the frame ;)

Thank you to the staff of Home Depot (Worcester) who are very warm and friendly! And Thank you Home Depot for a memorable fun family day whom our family will cherish for the rest of our lives! I am so proud to show this picture to my son when he grows up :smileywink:

Posted 2011-11-06T08:13:09+0000  by pink19

Hey there pink19,

Thank you so much for posting up the pictures! He certainly does look like he's having fun, we're glad that you all came out and joined us!

The workshops really are such a fun thing to do, not just for the kids, but for the parents sometimes even. I remember going to one when I was younger and I had a blast with my brother building things! Now to be on the other side of it it's almost more fun being able to see all the smiling faces there = )

We're glad to hear you all had such a good time there and I'll be sure to pass on the thanks to the store as well. Hope to see you at the next one-- We've got a really cool Snowman napkin holder that i'm sure Talem will have fun putting together as well!~

Posted 2011-11-10T21:28:19+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+