Sign In to join the community | Help
Lumber & Composites

October-How To Install Crown Moulding

Every Saturday in the month of October we will be holding a workshop on Crown Moulding Installation from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Join us and learn How To;

• Accurately measure and plan for your " target="_blank">moulding installation
  • Use tools and materials required for crown moulding and other moulding projects
  • Cut crown moulding with a compound miter saw and coping saw, and install like a pro

Dates:

• Saturday, October 1, 2011
  • Saturday, October 8, 2011
  • Saturday, October 15, 2011
  • Saturday, October 22, 2011
  • Saturday, October 29, 2011

If you have any questions about this workshop please feel free to respond to this post.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-09-20T15:42:23+0000  by George_HD_CHI George_HD_CHI

how do i sign up?   

Posted 2011-10-20T00:50:38+0000  by damianburke30

Hey there damianburke30,

Welcome to the community!~ = )

Great to see your interest in our clinics! As of right now, we don't have a sign-up procedure for our in-store clinics, so you're welcome to stop by your local store at any of the dates you see listed. We'll be ready for you!

Let us know how it goes when you get back and all the cool things you learned!~

Posted 2011-10-20T13:30:13+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

This was a huge waste of time!

My husband and I called about an hour ahead of time to verify the time of the workshop and were told to go to the service desk when we arrived.  Upon arrival, everyone looked confused....they obviously didn't have anyone there to teach the workshop, so they paged someone to 'help' us.  What was supposed to be a 90 minute hands-on workshop turned into a 5 minute talk from an employee who (although seemed like a nice guy) told us to buy pre-made corner moulding (oh, but they don't sell it at that store) and to practice making cuts. 

Very disappointed and won't be purchasing moulding from the Home Depot.

Posted 2011-10-25T14:37:39+0000  by reese72

Hi, Reese72.

Thank you for bringing our attention to what you experienced at the workshop.

I apologize for the inconvenience & disappointment with the depth of the 'workshop' and I would like to look into this further to find out what brought about the change in the workshop schedule/plans.

Please advise me via email exactly which location this occurred in & please provide your contact information so I can follow up with you.

Thanks again for contacting us, I look forward to hearing from you.

- Nicki

Nicki_Care@homedepot.com

Posted 2011-10-25T17:30:14+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Well it was disappointing for me too. Two weeks ago when i walked into my local store, they had no clue on the workshop. Service desk asked a few fellow workers and I was told it was just the 1st Saturday inspite of the online note that this will be held every Saturday.

Well I walked out pretty bummed out to say the least. I had planned my schedule to learn something for an upcoming DIY crown moulding I want to do. Not sure if I can do this w/o some help.

I like the store but I am disappointed about the mis-communication.

I am hoping that if you are listening here on forums; you would offer a make-up workshop at the least. That will make me happy.

This was at the San Ramon, CA store.

Posted 2011-11-05T19:37:21+0000  by syedarshed

Hi, Syedarshed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I'm not sure where the breakdown in communication has occured, but we will definitely look into it. Thank you for advising us of the issue as well. I will document this myself. If you have any more questions, please email me. Nicki_Care@homedepot.com. - Thanks, Nicki

Posted 2011-11-05T20:24:06+0000  by THDCustomerCare

I know it's late to be posting to this, but I just found the blog.....This workshop was also a bust for me. I went to the store and no one knew anything about it. One of the employees who worked in the moulding area said that the guy who would be teaching it had just left for lunch. He also said that they hadn't even bothered to set up for the work shop the week earlier. Very disappointing to have driven into town for nothing. Now I am trying to install the moulding and really have no idea what I'm doing...

Posted 2011-11-20T18:11:33+0000  by rkinn

Hi, RKinn.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please email me to advise which location you went to so we can get the workshop issues straightened out.

- Thanks, Nicki (Nicki_Care@homedepot.com)

Posted 2011-11-21T15:02:35+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+