Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Organic Pest Control

With all the contradictory studies nowadays about what is safe and not safe, it is no wonder why people are flocking to organic gardening. With all the misinformation out there, people have to do their own research to find what they deem to be safe enough for them. I am among this group of people.

Manufacturers of products can stretch the truth sometimes with marketing claims but there is one place where the truth cannot be stretched. This place is in the ingredients label. With claims on the label like “People and pet safe” and “pure and natural” the conspiracy theorist in me is not happy enough seeing that the product I am researching says that its ingredients include the following.

• Rosemary Oil
  • Sesame Oil
  • Peppermint Oil
  • Cinnamon Oil
  • Thyme Oil
  • Garlic Oil
  • Other Ingredients…

Other Ingredients? What the heck is this? Turns out that those other ingredients were Beeswax, Calcium Carbonate, Carrageenan, Cellulose, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Kaolin, Lecithin, Mustard Powder, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Chloride, Soybean Oil, Wintergreen Oil, and Distilled Water. I’m pretty sure that I have eaten those “other Ingredients” more than once in my life time.

Where and what it kills

Dr Earth Yard and Garden Insect Killer can be used on vegetables, fruit trees, turf grass, ornamentals and anywhere outside of the house. No matter what size the job is, there is the ready to spray trigger bottle for the small job or concentrate and hose end for those larger jobs. The list of insects that Dr. Earth insect killers kills includes aphids, whiteflies, mites, caterpillars, fleas, spiders, stink bugs, flies, ants, misquitos, leafhoppers, beetles, wasps, mealybugs, scale, centipedes, earwigs, gnats, silverfish, chiggers, cockroaches, ticks, pillbugs, crickets and more. This product is safe enough to spray and harvest on the same day.

Does The Home Depot use pesticides on their plants?

I have been asked this more than once in my 19 years. The Home Depot does not treat the plants at the stores with any pesticides. The Home Depot has teamed up with their growers to use the least amount of pesticides possible to provide you with the safest plants possible.

Dr. Earth is committed to the environment and your safety by providing you with a line of amazing organic products to help you grow a safe, healthy garden. Dr. Earth's 3 step recipe for success will ensure that your garden stays chemical free from day one.

You could save yourself the research by looking for any Dr. Earth product or any product with the OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) logo.

Other great organic insecticides can be found at the Home Depot.

Diatomaceous Earth is an amazing option for killing insects inside the house. Take a look at this article titled Diatomaceous Earth (DE Powder), The Miracle Organic Insecticide.

Miracle-Gro Nature's Care 24 oz. Insecticidal Soap

Natures Care Insecticidal Soap by Miracle Gro carries the OMRI listed logo and makes a great insecticidal soap for edibles as well.

Other Related Articles

Organic Gardening 101

What is a Certified Organic Soil Vs Organic Soil

Difference between Hybrid, GMO and Heirloom Vegetable Plants

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-10T18:47:13+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL Ingar_HD_ATL

Topic
Categories+