Sign In to join the community | Help
Plumbing

Out of Stock

I am the DS of Department 26 in store 3824 Macedonia, Ohio.  We constantly have low inventory in water heaters.  Currently, we are out of stock on SKU's 1001-300-139 and 1000-035-246.  We lost $1,500 in sales on November 26, 2017 because of this fact.  Anything you can do to assist increasing our inventory on ALL water heaters would be appreciated.  I have listed the SKU's below in addition to out of stock air filters.

Water Heaters

1001-300-161

1000-034-397

1001-300-196

1001-300-139

1000-035-246

1000-034-941

1000-034-939

1001-301-858

Filters

561-548

558-273

495-154

551-407

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Paul Schechtman

DS Department 26 - Plumbing

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-11-27T15:24:06+0000  by scheckypaul scheckypaul

Hi Paul,

First I must complement you on going above and beyond the call of duty to make sure your department has the product in stock for your customers. If more DH's were like you, are sales would be 25% higher!

This is an issue you need to address with your store manager, to my knowledge this product should be available to order and should be in stock. If the issue is with availability, you and your store manager should discuss the issue with your district manager to see if he or she can assist you in obtaining the product.

Mike

Posted 2017-11-27T18:04:44+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hello Paul.  Welcome to the Community!

Mike and I are just store associates who do not have access to your inventory systems, but maybe we can help guide you in the right direction. 
All the items you list are CAR skus that are automatically ordered when stock levels drop below a preset level as indicated by your on-hand counts.

You have two different inventory issues that need attention. 

First is the out of stock condition.  For active skus, there should be orders pending, and possibly confirmed for these items.  You can check the due date for shipment on confirmed orders using your First Phone, or by using the My Freight program in My Apron.  The only way to get this product into your store any quicker would be by creating a transfer from another store and physically going there to get them.  DC purchase orders cannot be expedited.  If other stores in your area are also out of these items, it may be that your distribution center is temporarily out as well.  Make sure your on-hand quantities are zero, or negative if you have any will calls (service quantities), and the ordering system will eventually catch up with your needs.

Second is the average stocking level, which is apparently too low for some of your water heaters and air filters.  There is a process to request additional product through a supply chain request.  Your store manager/ASMs can assist you with this.  They can also work with your regional merchant as well to address shortages and solutions for them.  Once again, the main issue for you is to verify that on-hand counts are correct. 

One additional avenue you may want to consider is to copy your original post and paste it on our in-house forum called the Warehouse in the plumbing section.  This will be a way for you to get feedback from experienced department heads, and the site is also monitored by corporate merchants as well.
You can access the Warehouse through My Apron as well.  The link is on the front page.

Chris.

Posted 2017-11-28T17:24:49+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Chris,

A very informative reply, I have a feeling you should be in charge of the DC's for Depot. Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas.

Mike
Posted 2017-11-30T17:48:57+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+