Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Garden Club

Patio Privacy Curtains ? :)

Hi All...

I originally posted this in outdoors, I tried to post it in this page of the forum at the same time but it was deleted, so hopefully this will go through as the one in the outdoor section hasnt gotten any replies.

I would like to share pics, to help better show what I'm seeking, as I'm not quite sure how to pull it off ! I've been apartment dwelling for decades, and this is my first house with a yard since childhood :) lol 

Seeking - 
Privacy screens, or curtains, etc to help give some privacy from the neighbors while sunbathing, and working out. 

However it's not to cover the full patio area, only half of the front, and the side, shown and marked in the pictures 

Special Considerations-  
I live in the Mojave Desert. It gets very, very windy here.  So my first thought of merely putting a line, and attaching some type of curtains,  they would be flying around, defeating the purpose.

Also my knowledge of what wire, or bar, rod etc etc is limited, so I would need product recommendations, more than just the type of curtains or screens,  but how to put them up securely,  if its trickier than just putting up curtains on a line,  etc :) 

Pics:

Here's  a kindergarten level sketch over a photo of the patio

The black line is where I want to curtain, etc.

Pole -
As you can see from the pics there is a pole from the previous owners, the pole can be lifted, off the smaller pole that it goes on top of to secure it,   it was cut to fit into the wood.

So I'm not sure what is the ideal secure way to put curtains, etc up. A way to secure the bottom of the curtains or screens to withstand the wind. Any insightful tips, product recs, rods, wires, how to's etc would be appreciated. 

Thanks
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-05-17T19:05:44+0000  by Davy333 Davy333

Hi Davy333,

You might consider bamboo fencing, it come in 4 foot high and 8 foot high sections, you can secure it to the posts you have in place and remove it when it gets too windy. I would use garden type wire ties to secure it in place, these are easily removed if you need to take it down.

You might have to add a center post in the long run to support it but i think it will work fine.

Mike
Posted 2020-05-19T00:17:10+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Thanks. It didnt notify me that I had a message. :)

Problem is the wind is unpredictable out here. Today for example was fine, then all of a sudden came and knocked over the chairs on the patio. So it would be a constant back and forth thing. Was hoping for something a little different.

But how would I add another center post out of curiosity? 
Posted 2020-05-23T21:29:42+0000  by Davy333

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+